Crowley's Blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, my goodness, Crowley!

I have one word. Scooter.

Hey all! Thanks for reading and the comments and likes on the blog. It seems that it gets a lot of "views" - which is great - but not many comments; so it's nice to have some feedback from time to time. Some strange people even admit to enjoying reading it, which makes me tingle all over! :D

Jeni - I'm glad to see you back and hope you're not so busy for a little while that we can't chat - and TSandM - scooter - oh how I wish, but they cost more to rent per day than I get paid... so... it's a nice dream! :D

Cheers

C.

Last edited:
I enjoy reading your blog, for a lot of reasons . . . first off, it's a glimpse into a world I will never know, that of being a professional dive guide. And secondly, it always brings back memories of my Red Sea trips, which have been wonderful experiences, and I'm always happy to be reminded of them. The Thistlegorm remains the best wreck dive I've ever done!

I really enjoy reading your blog Crowley. You have a wonderfully entertaining writing style, combined with your apparently non-ending wealth of facinating material.

Your peice of the Red Sea has so much more in it than our little sliver. I hope that some day I can cross the border without worry and visit.

Thank you!

Really - it means a lot to me to know I have some good, positive feedback, and often from people whose opinion I respect based on prior discussions on ScubaBoard. Anybody who "performs" appreciates having "fans" - and I've said that many times about being a dive guide as well: feedback is all important. I enjoy knowing that people want to dive with me, and I really am flattered that people enjoy reading my writing.

I think I have said before that I have started to earn a small income from this (don't tell the taxman!), and I recently had another short article published in DiVE magazine and also some other commissioned articles last month. This has been pretty much a direct result of this blog. As some of you may know, I want to include writing somewhere on my future career path, and all-in-all it's been a pretty good start, given that I was lacking in confidence when I began, and possibly suffering from too much of it at the moment! :D

So - thank you all for reading - and for the replies and the comments and the feedback as always - you make Mr. Crowley a very happy man indeed.

If you haven't already read it, this was my latest blog about some divers in denial about their DCS symptoms, the latest case was three weeks ago.

More to come...

Cheers,

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom