Crotch-strap question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply. I found the slot on the back of the BC - it's pretty obvious when you know where to look! In the front, does the strap just attach around the webbing/front buckle that holds the front together?

I actually bought a soft lead shot belt, but it was far too bulky and I had to take it back. The soft weight belts were also too long, that is, they couldn't tighten enough around my waist. On my one dive with the soft belt, it ended up around my hips and almost fell right off me - rather a worrisome little detail on a dive (ha ha ha). I don't even consider my waist all that small (for a woman) at 30 inches. The shop was excellent about exchanging the belt for hard, vinyl covered weights.

Well... I was beginning to suspect that I may have to invest in a new BC... and specialty tanks... But I'd like to try the strap first. Thanks again.

Yeah, I guess the only belt which would be sufficiently compact would be a custom make with gold or uranium weights(G).

Shadow, the crotch strap terminates in a loop on both ends. The loops are formed by slide buckles. These are small metal slides with two or more slots, a common marine item used for Bimini straps. The webbing is threaded in and out to form a loop and the one loop is made large enough to slip onto the BC waist strap or cumberbun. Some trial and error is normal until the fit, over the suit, is correct. Snug but not too tight (yikes). Make the loop with some extra length for later adjustment, if needed.

Gotcha - Thanks for the detailed description! I'll give it a try.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom