Crotch Strap Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks easy to modify. If you can't drill a hole through the plastic hard pack without enganering the air cell, then I would try this:

Put the BC face down, remove the two lowest srews (probably nut and bolt) that hold the plastic tank rails

get 8 inches of 300 lb monofilament fishing line and 2 crimps
Then make a very small loop in each end of the mono using the crimps and then re-insert the bolts.screws through the loops and re-assemble. The line would look like this O____________O

The loop would then serve as an attachement for the crotch strap.

hmmm i see

what are crimps lol fishing line i guess i can buy at wallmart

but whats the drilling for? you didnt illastrate it in your amazing drawing =0)

Look all you need to do is affix a reasonably strong loop of soemthing to the bottom of the backpack. Drill some holes and run a piece of cord, may a loop of monfilament held down by the bolts or make a loop with a piece of nylon belt. It ain't rocket science. If you have never used drimps on fishing line, maybe just use a piece of nylon belt, you can get that at Walmart, just cut the belt off the child safty belts on the cart.:D:D

DD let it go man, it's just a ball buster anyway.

With a horse shoe collar we felt the tug all the time :D If he comes out walking on the deck with it in his new reg his wife or better half will just think he's hung like a bear:wink:

If you have never used drimps on fishing line, maybe just use a piece of nylon belt, you can get that at Walmart, just cut the belt off the child safty belts on the cart.:D:D

HAHAHHAAHAHA:no:

Weight integrated BC's will not ride up as much as some, depending upon how you distribute your weight.

If you DIY a crotch strap for your BC, good for you! Money well spent.

No point in using a crotch strap with a jacket style BC.

Look all you need to do is affix a reasonably strong loop of soemthing to the bottom of the backpack. Drill some holes and run a piece of cord, may a loop of monfilament held down by the bolts or make a loop with a piece of nylon belt. It ain't rocket science. If you have never used drimps on fishing line, maybe just use a piece of nylon belt, you can get that at Walmart, just cut the belt off the child safty belts on the cart.:D:D

Yep, I can see where that screen name is coming from...

:)

thanks guys

Doesn't the waist belt pass through the backpack on your TUSA BC? You should take a picture of the inside of the BC so I can see it. Maybe no drilling is necessary!! If the W belt is exposed then you loop the crotch strap through this. I have an older USDIVER, and that is what I did. I offset my waist buckle, and have a loop with a nylon quick release buckle on the crotch strap. If the back loop is sewn on the crotch strap then, you would have to unthread the waist belt halfway through the BC.

Back
Top Bottom