Crotch strap Importance with a double hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knowone, I realize the logo would be upside down, but I'm quite certain the buckle was designed in any case to be used with the hook down.

I hook or slide my crotch straps to or through my waist straps. Long body no problem with horse collar, pac, then belt, with buckle in a different diection. What really irks me is putting on hood then horsecollar then poking head through face hole until it's time for the rest in heat..

I have not used that belt nor one like it and the darn thing has been puzzling me for a very long time but obviously not enough.

So now that it's out there, I agree and it's time for some research and experimentation. Perhaps it's marketing so if you look whilst buckling you can see.

My avatar has that style buckle, like your USD. May well be your USD.

Hello! I am a diver form Hong Kong. If I would like to get one of this weight belt with crotch strap, where I can find it? Anyone can help? Thanks a lot for help!

Welcome to the board.
These buckels were made over 40 years ago and I am not aware of anyone making a similar type today. Trident still makes a wire buckel but it does not include the crotch strap piece. The only option you have is to find an old one on ebay or other sales site.

Hi! Thanks a lot! I think it is difficult. I try many years in eBay US or UK. But can't find it. Just like to see any collector would like to sell it..... :)

Hello! I am a diver form Hong Kong. If I would like to get one of this weight belt with crotch strap, where I can find it? Anyone can help? Thanks a lot for help!
hkcomdiver,

I think that I still have two of those buckles, and one has the wire loop for the crotch strap. The wire loop is permanently on the crotch strap for my twin 45s. I have not been using this buckle for quite some time. I will need to look to confirm that I still have them, but I'm pretty sure I do.

What is interesting is that my wife is from Hong Kong, and we make fairly regular trips there. We are planning to come to Hong Kong early next year (2014) for Chinese New Year celebrations. I have been wanting to do a dive around Hong Kong for a long time, and have been unsuccessful because I have no contacts there for diving.

Maybe we could work out a trade of the buckle for a dive somewhere around Hong Kong (I would pay my share)? Everyone I talk to says that the waters around Hong Kong are too cold to dive in the winter, but when I've been there the water was over 60 degrees F (15.5 degrees C). I have dived that temperature water in the summer here. Please send me a personal message (PM) if you are interest.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom