Cross Canada Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Gillcash

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Okay, my wife & I are gonna head across Canada this summer for about two weeks...
From B.C. to N.B., via automobile (that's a car...)
I would like to take advantage of this trip to do some diving, so I would love some info!
Here goes...

How about a list of the top ten dive sites in Canada???

I would like opinions from all areas, of course.

You'll get a lot better feedback if you ask on the Canada forum.

I do know that the St.Lawrence has wonderful diving at many locations, but you often dive US waters after immigration check so take your PP or other needed docs and carry DAN dive insurance.

Dittoe on the St. Lawrence . The Niagara River in Fort Erie area is a fun drift dive. Antique bottles from the 1860's have been found there plus lots of big fish. Musky and sturgeon.
The marina is on the Niagara Parkway just East of College Road. They typically have Charters running every weekend through the summer. Viz is usually 20' - 50' with about a 3 or 4 mph current. Captain Don runs the charter. Big blue and white boat. He just runs on weekends. Walk ons might be possible if the boat isn't full. Some of the dive shops in the Cleveland , Ohio area book weekends there.

Another good one is Tobermory. About 5 mhours North of Niagara Falls. More in the drysuit realm but people do dive it wet. Bottom temps can be in the mid to upper 40's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom