Cressi-Sub Space Frog Fins for beginer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that we as new students feel pressured to buy something different because we don't know if what we are being told is accurate or if the shop owner is trying to make money off the unknowing "newbie". That being said, I am seeing online sales killing our favorite small shops. Personally, I want to have my shop around for later. So, I am honest with my shop owner. I want to have good gear, that fits me and works for me. I want you to make money, but what I feel is fair. If I can buy a set of fins that I really love online for 50 dollars less, I can split the difference to keep you in business, but I don't think gouging people new to the sport is the way to go. That being said, I do support the arguement that if you buy gear online, and then bring it to class with you, and it doesn't fit correctly, expecting the instructor to then loan you something for free is absurd. You are taking a chance, and for this sport that's never a good plan (you are playing with your life). Not to mention you aren't helping the shop that fits you for your gear or helps train you for your sport. I just feel there should be a balance.
That being said, I would try doing some laps in the pool with the fins. If you aren't having issues with them there, you are likely to be ok with them in open water.

Welcome to the board..... I suspect that 11 years later he has his answer (2003 thread) . :)

Back
Top Bottom