Cressi Sub Big Eyes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp:
That's a pretty extreme statement. Cressi makes masks in all shapes and sizes just as faces come in all sizes and formats. Just because one model of mask doesn't fit your or your wife's faces doesn't necessarily mean that the mask is at fault.

I don't know if I would call it an extreme statement. I bought one after reading all the rave reviews, however, another guy on here experienced the same issue. I thought one of all these reviews must be a fluke. I went ahead and purchased it and it leaked from day one, not just on me but 5 other people. Maybe it was a faulty mask, maybe all 5 of our faces weren't a good fit (I highly doubt that)

I wouldn't buy another mask from them based on this one. That is not to say they don't make good products, but one bad experience kind of steered me away. I know wear a scuba max mask that works great.

I just recently tried on about a dozen different masks at my lds and ended up getting the Cressi Penta. Dove with it last weekend and like it a lot. I noticed that the skirt on the big eyes is really large (in circumference), which didn't work at all with my somewhat low hairline (skirt went over my hair on the edges). I really liked the matrix and the penta, went with the penta for the side windows.

lot's of great feedback already, but i guess one more can't hurt. my wife and i each bought a pair of the big eyes. she loves hers. i had a little trouble clearing and ad leaking from the side as others already mentioned....i have a very small head..he.
i ended up purchasing a cressi lince and i love it! great vision, great fit. my wife loves her big eyes and my old one is her backup.

Dr Bill,

It's Rico and Robbin - we were out on the boat with you a couple of weekends ago - from LA, daughter in USC, I had that Hydrooptix mask, we were getting re-certified after twenty some years.

It's nice to see you here on the scubaboard. I'm looking for a wide field of view mask, too, and I'm taking recommendations. Feel free to send me a reply or e-mail copontheloose@ca.rr.com.

Back
Top Bottom