Cressi Sub Big Eyes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotthebreeze,

You could also consider the cressi matrix as it's a lower volume version of the big eyes and there's even a newer version called the ocean eyes LOL!

Good luck

SangP

I really like my Big Eyes. I have never had a problem clearing it and would suggest it as a great mask for anyone in the market.

shotthebreeze:
I've read some other reviews that say this mask is hard to clear...anybody feel this way?

I love my big eyes! I've done over 500 dives (three different masks) and I've never had a hard time clearing it. I love it because I can see so much more with it. I tried the Cressi Sub Horizon, but don't like it as much.

joystershell:
I loved mine at first. Now, I find that it tends to flood around the sides of the skirt. So, for winter diving, it's fine when tucked under a hood. Otherwise, I tend to clear it quite a bit, which is not a problem.

My other complaint is that I got one with a colored frame, rather than clear one. See my profile picture for illustration.

Awesome profile picture. Yeah, I've heard that it floods around the sides of the skirt, but if its low volume and clears easily I'll make the sacrifice...

I love my Big Eyes mask.
I did find that when I bought mine the newer masks did not fit as well as the last years production.

I bought the one that fit.

Remember the three most important features in a mask;

1. Fit
2. Fit
3. FIT

:D

I have a couple of them, best fit I've ever had.

Only problem I've had is that the strap cam clamp attachment tends to break easily (the two little plastic parts that hook on). I can't seem to find the parts and Cressi won't answer emails.

Does anyone know a source?

Thx,
Jack

JackConnick:
I have a couple of them, best fit I've ever had.

Only problem I've had is that the strap cam clamp attachment tends to break easily (the two little plastic parts that hook on). I can't seem to find the parts and Cressi won't answer emails.

Does anyone know a source?

Thx,
Jack

I have replaced all my mask straps with neoprene straps that have locking cam bands so I never have to worry bout those flimsy pieces of plastic on my mask.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Neoprene-Comfor...ryZ71161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

SangP

I agree with Sang on this one...buy a neoprene strap. I find that its much easier to put the mask on and take it off because the rubber strap always seems to stick to my hair. Then again I'm a female and have long hair...

Hmmmm...if a mask is low volume, and it floods around the sides...definately don't make THAT sacrifice. Low volume is great (I dive an Atomic SubFrame...love it to pieces..), but it also means there's less internal volume for persistant floods (i.e. a small nagging leak in a large volume mask may only fill up to below your eyes over the course of five minutes while a low volume mask leaking at the same rate will fill to the same level in one or two...). As always..the key to a good mask is FIT. After fighting with a Mares PureVision mask for months, I finally found a good one that actually FITS (the Atomic)...and now I couldn't be happier. I clear maybe once per dive (if I screw up and catch something in the skirt)...and on the majority of dives I don't have to clear it at all. It leaks about two drops (on average).
Bottom line...there are a lot of great masks out there. Try them on...and of the ones that truly fit your face, choose the one with the lowest internal volume. :)

Cheers,
Austin

I'm with 3-Ring Octopus on the fit of masks. Which is why I recommend that you look at some of the newer masks from Cressi since the big eyes is already quite old and the Matrix is a redesign.
http://divernet.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?id=1450&section=2017&action=display&show=
Now the Ocean eyes is an even newer model.
http://cressi.it/intro.php?lang=us&id_catalogo=2&id_categoria=7&id_prodotto=389&m=scheda

Another couple of masks that I really like is the Oceanic Shadow and the Tusa Viewtrek.

I haven't tried the Atomics masks yet but some pp seem to love it.

This was a review done some time ago on some masks.
http://divernet.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?id=4170&section=2092&action=display&show=

Cheers,

SangP

Back
Top Bottom