Cressi Sub Big Eyes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Following your recommendations I have solved the dilemma, and ordered Big Eyes. Hope it will fit.

Thats where I got mine. I went for the clear ones lol. They have a great return policy, if it doesn't fit then just send it back and they'll pay for shipping. They're great there. I'm a big fan...

I love my Cressi big eyes. I think it's a great mask

miketsp:
I have a Big-Eyes that I use for snorkelling without a hood - for this purpose it's great.
But for cold water diving where I use a 7mm hood, the hood tends to make my face bulge out and breaks the seal of the skirt & it leaks constantly.

Easy way round that; simply roll the hood down, fit mask & strap, roll hood back up and over the strap. Much more secure and if you get kicked in the face, the mask may be dislodged but you are highly unlikely to lose it.

In the meantime, mask is on much more securely, no leaks, no dramas. Been doing this for two years now. Can't wear a snorkel clipped to strap but I don't worry about snorks anyway, or if I do, it's tucked into my knife strap but I've never needed it yet.

Trickie Dickie 99:
Easy way round that; simply roll the hood down, fit mask & strap, roll hood back up and over the strap. Much more secure and if you get kicked in the face, the mask may be dislodged but you are highly unlikely to lose it.
..snip..

Whether the strap is over or under the mask is not the problem I described and is not a solution. I have tried both options.

The problem is that the hood is thick and relatively tight fitting creating a bulge in the skin around the edge of the skirt. This is what breaks the seal.

Anyway, my 7mm is for cold water. Putting the mask strap under the hood breaks the seal of the hood against the skin and lets a constant trickle of cold water enter. Brrrrrr.

Back
Top Bottom