Cressi Leonardo or Aqualung i470TC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danpass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The Leonardo seems like the best entry level wrist computer and the i470TC seems like the best entry level AI-capable computer ….

How quickly might I grow into AI ?

How irritated might I be with the Leonardo’s conservative algo?

-

I'm happy with my Leonardo. I'm still a pretty new diver with about 40 dives on the computer. It's pretty easy to learn to use, can do nitrox and altitude diving. I have it set to its least conservative setting but it is still pretty conservative.

My only complaint is how quickly it starts a new dive when you surface for some reason... 2 minutes. If my wife is having buoyancy issues or some other problem and I have to resurface to help her it starts a new dive after 2 minutes. It's happened 3-4 times.

AquaLung is having major financial issues so I would stay away from any of their computers.

The company issue certainly has me leaning to Cressi

-

Hi @danpass

The Oceanic Geo Air with transmitter is considerably less expensive than the Aqualung i470TC with transmitter and runs the liberal DSAT deco algorithm in addition the PZ+, run by the Aqualung. Both use the MH8A transmitter, should you later decide to go with a Shearwater. I couldn't dive an RGBM deco algorithm, that's a personal preference.

This is the topic @Marie13 mentioned above

Oceanic Geo Air
Hmmmmm …. A web search shows comparable price to the i470TC but reveals another issue, in the search results: the comparably priced, and very cool looking, Atmos 2 (edit: probably not, doesn’t seem to have AI)

Hmmmmm …. A web search shows comparable price to the i470TC but reveals another issue, in the search results: the comparably priced, and very cool looking, Atmos 2 (edit: probably not, doesn’t seem to have AI)
The Geo Air comes as a computer/transmitter bundle for $800

I see the i470TC with a transmitter for $945.

Correct, Atmos is not AI

Best of luck in your search for a computer

The Oceanic Geo Air with transmitter is considerably less expensive than the Aqualung i470TC with transmitter and runs the liberal DSAT deco algorithm in addition the PZ+, run by the Aqualung.

It is no contest, I'd go with the Oceanic Geo Air and not even give any consideration to the AL i470TC financial troubles or not.

If you can live with out AI, a trusted poster has a slightly used Shearwater Peregrine for sale at $400 here on SB.

The catch with the Peregrine (at its price level) is that it can’t grow into AI with the later addition of a transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom