Cressi Leonardo or Aqualung i470TC ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The catch with the Peregrine (at its price level) is that it can’t grow into AI with the later addition of a transmitter.
There is no need to “grow into” AI. If you want AI now and can afford it, go for it. Either you want it or you don’t. The only valid reason to not go AI now is if it’s not in the budget.

Shearwater computers hold their value so that’s something to consider.

I bought 3 Cressi Leonardo off Amazon on prime day for 99€ each for me and my sons. A good bargain.
These are basic computers, good for recreational diving.
Single button control.
Properly conservative.
Of course there are better devices around, with bright colorful display and more advanced features. But they cost 3-6 times more!
And in the end of the day on each dive you spend just perhaps 30s watching the screen of your computer, and 30-40 minutes watching around.
So wasting a lot of money for a device which you use so little is not advisable, for me.
Better to spend money in some more dives or in equipment which really improves your experience, such as a stretchy, confortable suit or a good pair of fins.
Is the Leonardo "less safe" than others computers?
I do not think so: being simple, rugged and quite conservative I consider it safer than other fancier devices.
The only real drawback is that you need an accessory for downloading the dive profile on your computer.

How about the Scubapro Mantis 2 (M2) ?

Though it seems impossible to find one ….

-

And in the end of the day on each dive you spend just perhaps 30s watching the screen of your computer, and 30-40 minutes watching around.
So wasting a lot of money for a device which you use so little is not advisable, for me.
Interesting metric....judging the value of something by how often you look at it. I guess the fact that the computer is tracking your depth and calculating your N2 and O2 status even while you are not looking at it is unimportant.
I guess I should not have a strobe on my camera....it only gets used for 1/1000 s now and then. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom