Cressi big eyes Horizon mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I paid $90.00. Plus $9 for a strap cover. Kinda steep, but I want my LDS to be here in the future. :) BTW, they have no local comptition, other than WallyWorld.

I have a beard and mustache, a "big" head and pretty big nose. (Shut up. I'm not all that ugly...just a LITTLE ugly. I couldn't get dates in High School because the girls were all intimidated by my, er...well, er....Okay. I AM ugly.).

I LOVE my black skirted Big Eyes mask. I just spent 2 weeks in Florida with it and it worked great. With my old big volume PanVision mask, I had gotten used to fighting off torrents of water on nearly every dive. I had just gotten used the that kind of experience.

A month or so ago, I bought a Cressi Big Eyes mask. So far, I've made about 10 or 12 dives with it.

The Big Eyes is really dry. Even when it leaked a little, a tiny tug on my upper lip and a "forehead sweep" for stray hairs solved the problem right away.

I also tried out the Horizon as well, but felt the Big Eyes was a better fit for my big face, plus I am not a big fan of side windowed masks in general.

The notation about bubbles getting trapped along the top edge of the frame is correct. It is not annoying and it doesn't interfere with the dive, but it does occur. I also find "looking up" without adjusting body position a little more difficult because of the 18 deg. tilt of the face.

As for leaks, if you do get a little leak, the low volume will let it fill quickly and any water at all can pool into one eye when you tilt your head, but I don't think this is a bad problem. I dive with contacts, but because the mask fits so well, this pooling is seldom a problem and has yet to reach my contact level. The total volume of leakage is very low.

The Big Eyes is the best, most comfortable mask I have ever owned.

Originally posted by greyface
I paid $90.00. Plus $9 for a strap cover. Kinda steep, but I want my LDS to be here in the future. :) BTW, they have no local comptition, other than WallyWorld.

$90?!! Wow! I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago - paid $44 for it at a local shop that sells both diving and fishing equipment (my LDS doesn't carry Cressi). I fully expected to pay anywhere between $60 - $70 for it, and was very pleasantly surprised.

sweet mask, fits really well, awesome field of vision. As far as the side windows...not that useful, but you do get a little better idea of what is to the sides of you. Nice if your buddy would be out of your fov, but you can tell they are there with the little windows. In all...I tried a bunch of masks and this was the hands down winner.:)

Mike

I tried the horizon in the shop didn't like the fit, tried the Big Eye in the pool and the river and returned it. I guess my face doesn't fit.:D Chepar you certainly scored a bargain, we couldn't get one for £44 here.

I just bought mine from DiveInn.com. It was about $38 with shipping...I ordered it Thursday afternoon and had it Monday morning. They're in Spain & I'm in Guam....awesome!

Sadly I haven't had a chance to try it out yet with 2 typhoons hitting us a week apart!!.....But this weekend.....

Cheers!

I know lots of divers who love the Big Eyes. I tried it in the pool myself. Although I am very happy with the Seavision I won at Cayman Madness, I would like to have the Big Eyes as my clear mask.

Yeah chepar, my LDS is dang "proud" of their entire inventory! It's a brand new facility, complete with a 13' deep training pool, and I'm sure the overhead is staggering. The owners are very cool, honest, and heplful. Just don't be lookin' for any "deals"! :waaaa:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom