Cressi big eyes Horizon mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you like best about it? Can you do a mini review???

I agree with Ari.....

."It is very well Built..
It has relatively small volume (strange but true)...
Greatly enhanced field of vision, especially downward but also to the side...
Good fit (but this is, naturally, my face)...

I never tried the Horizon but I was told that the field of vision is even wider."

We have sold several of the Big eyes masks and its newer brother the Horizon. I also dive with one and here is what I have found.

Big Eyes:

Fit - Generally better on wider faces and seems to work well with mustaches, If you have a big nose it may be a problem. The skirt comes down on the cheek bones as well, which helps keep your sinuses warmer in cold water ( good thing).

If you can, bring your reg or mouth piece along when trying it on so your getting a true sense of how it will fit when diving.

Misc - Consider trying one of the black silicone skirted versions as it cuts down glare and also improves your night vision by preventing stray light coming through the skirt. This allows your pupil to dialate more. ( they also look cool!)

On a side note, when diving and I am stationary occasionally exhaust bubbles from my reg get caught just under the top of the frame near the glass due to the tilted out design. It's not a problem, just kinda funny.

Lenses - The Big Eyes has stock prescription lenses available but the horizon does not.

Horizon:

Fit - Generally it is about the same, however I have noticed it seems to fit narrower faces better than the Big Eyes.

Misc. - Slightly more expensive than the Big eyes.

Hope this helps you decide, I know it's been our most popular mask and it's starting to look like we have a bunch of clones on some of our dives.:cyclops:

www.divesource.com

I tried the Big Eyes mask for the first time last week. Loved it -- great field of view, and a good fit for my wide/moustached face.

But after a few dives I put it away. Here's why: the extra glass causes distortion, especially in my peripheral vision. I do a lot of stuff near the surface, in surge and sloshy conditions, and I'm sometimes subject to vertigo and seasickness; the extra distortion didn't help matters.

FYI.

g2

for the replies! I just recieved an early Father's Day present. A brandy new Horizon, just in time fer our family's annual week long camping trip at Ginnie! I can hardly wait 'till Thursday. (departure day) I'll look like a white prune by Sat.! yeee hawww!

Thumbs up for the Big Eyes. Just finished my fourth dive withthe new black on black mask. Fit's great and I hardley knew it was there. I have gone from a high volume Tusa Pana Geo to this no volume. Wicked. One thing that was noticed was the little air that comes out my nose when I exhale does slowly seep out of the mask but zero leakeage... highly recommended.

Does yours have the clear skirt?
I just bought one with a black skirt but haven't had a chance to use it yet......(Typhoon Chataan)

I just completed my 4th dive with a new Horizon. For some reason I have hard time getting a mask that fits me really well. But this one fits like a glove, and the field of vision is much improved!

and has anyone found any online?

eBay has a Dutch auction of 10 going for $57.00.....

Is that about par???

WK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom