CRESSI, ARCHIMEDE info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padudle:
Hello All,

I have had my Archimede for about 18 months and I've had some trouble with it.

My main complaint is that the computer often goes into error mode without reason. I've found that wetting the immersion sensor contacts while out of the water will send the computer into an unrecoverable error condition. This has happened to me three times in 60 dives and usually when I really want the damn thing to work. Last week in Cozumel it went into error right before a really deep dive on the last day of eight days of diving.

Just to let ppl know: I've had the Archimedes_I since feb2005, and I've also bought the USB-interface. I really like it, and have seen none of the problems people are reporting. The only thing is that it seems to be weak in the LCD-display if look directly at it, but this fact improves it visibility when the computer is located on your arm.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the Archimedes.

Nicolai

First of all, Welcome to the board.

My buddy who doesn't believe in frills bought the Cressi Archimedes computer. He used it on several (6) deco dives to 170 ft. After we all made him remove the conservative setting so we could all finish Decos together it was great. Having the conservative setting enabled added an extra 10 minutes to the dive. The computer performed impressively. Display was very easy to read underwater. I would purchase one for my own use if I didn't already have two computers.

DSAO

Hi all,
im new to this forum and see you are discussing the Cressi Archimedes computer, i too have the same computer and have found it reliable and accurate, however i am having one small problem and wondered if anyone can help me out, i wish to reset the dive count on it, it is on 30 dives and just overwrites the last dive each time, the total dives in the history is correct and i have read that this cannot be reset even by pressing the reset button on the rear of the computer, not that i really want to reset the total dives in the history anyway, i only want to reset the dive log.
Your help would be much appreciated.
PS, I have never experienced problems as other people have described

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom