Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
However jews have no monopoly on the Biblical scriptures, nor are their mystic interpretations thereof necessarily the last word, as you imply.

As if your interpretations are any better or more valid somehow, sure :shakehead:

Marvel - you cite Russell in your signature, but his first name was Bertrand, not Bertram.

Oops! I knew that.... :( Fixed now. Thanks for pointing my mistake out, Peter!

No problem, Marvel.. That said, where does the quote actually come from?

When I was studying many years ago - let's just say that he was still alive - his work was required reading for me and my friends, mathematicians all. "Principia" WAS required reading, but we eagerly awaited each chapter of his autobiography as it came out. If you haven't read it I commend it to you.

You know, I forget who said (something like) the following, but I think some of its sentiment would be healthy here: -

"I don't share your opinions but I will defend to the death your right to express them".

Or as I said, something like that. We need a little more tolerance around here.

Everyone here is a zealot.

Zealot scientists.

Zealot intellectualizers (I must fall short of calling them true philosophers).

Zealot atheists.

etc.

OMG...it is amazing, huh? I can even name them all.

Oprah is in deep **** for deconstructing Christianity in America, I hear.

It seems that this Thread had it!! Maybe it can be revolutionized, or maybe a new one can be created.:wink:

Everyone here is a zealot.

Zealot scientists.

Zealot intellectualizers (I must fall short of calling them true philosophers).

Zealot atheists.

etc.

Nothing wrong with that... Though perhaps I miss your definition of the word 'zealot'. My understanding is that it applies to people who are passionate about something. I am passionate about evolutionary theory, especially as I know it is factual.

Oprah is in deep **** for deconstructing Christianity in America, I hear.

What happened here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom