Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got caught with a flat
Well how about that
Well babies don´t you panic
By the light of the night
It´ll all seem alright
I´ll get you a satanic mechanic:D

Just about choked on my dinner....ha!

It's just jump to the left.....and then a step to the right...:D

and some, are missed by their village.

Bingo.

Wow Nereas, you have just accused a people of not understanding the scripture that they themselves wrote...Not only that but you have attacked an entire people.

Not only that but by implying that Satan can influence people and challange the will of god is bordering on Polytheism violating the first commandment.

Yes, comprehension has never been a strong point.....

Wow Nereas, you have just accused a people of not understanding the scripture that they themselves wrote...Not only that but you have attacked an entire people.

Not only that but by implying that Satan can influence people and challange the will of god is bordering on Polytheism violating the first commandment.

I did not attack anyone. I merely paraphrased Jesus' attacks on their corrupted doctrines. You can read all about it in the Greek New Testament. It resulted in a trial, and a crucifixion, in case you did not know.

The Biblical scriptures are replete with numerous references to Lucifer/Helal/Satan/Legion. You can deny it all you want, and call on your 10 million like-minded ethnic fellows to support you, but that does not make it so. 10 million is still a very small minority on a planet of 6 billion, particularly in comparison with a billion christians world wide. Or even a billion muslims.

In the modern era, the universal mantra is to live and let live, and that is what I believe as well.

However jews have no monopoly on the Biblical scriptures, nor are their mystic interpretations thereof necessarily the last word, as you imply.

We live in a world of 6 billion people and hundreds of sects. So tolerance is warranted for one and all.

So don't try to crucify me with your false accusations. I really do not care what jews believe. I prefer to read what the Biblical scriptures say themselves, instead.

Last edited:
I am of course familiar with the names Lucifer and Satan. I am not familiar with Helal at all, and although I am familiar with Legion I always thought it was an adverb, not a name. Can anyone please explain these last two?

nereas, I have to wonder where you are coming from when you deliberately do not capitalize the word "Jew." With your "knowledge" of language that you like to display, you should know that the name of a people &/or religion is always capitalized. While I cannot read your mind, I can tell you that this appearantly deliberate omission speaks volumes to me of your opinion of God's chosen people. Perhaps you ought to spend a little more time in the Word with an eye toward Jesus's messages of love & forgivness.... & ponder the fact that Jesus was also Jewish. At the very least, please start showing the Jewish people the outward respect that you show others.

I did not attack anyone. I merely paraphrased Jesus' attacks on their corrupted doctrines. You can read all about it in the Greek New Testament. It resulted in a trial, and a crucifixion, in case you did not know.

The Biblical scriptures are replete with numerous references to Lucifer/Helal/Satan/Legion. You can deny it all you want, and call on your 10 million like-minded ethnic fellows to support you, but that does not make it so. 10 million is still a very small minority on a planet of 6 billion, particularly in comparison with a billion christians world wide. Or even a billion muslims.

In the modern era, the universal mantra is to live and let live, and that is what I believe as well.

However jews have no monopoly on the Biblical scriptures, nor are their mystic interpretations thereof necessarily the last word, as you imply.

We live in a world of 6 billion people and hundreds of sects. So tolerance is warranted for one and all.

So don't try to crucify me with your false accusations. I really do not care what jews believe. I prefer to read what the Biblical scriptures say themselves, instead.

Yeah, I am not about to go reading The new Testiment anytime soon, thats your religion not mine, and do not try to quote to me NT teachings and truth, there is no way I would beleive them.

Also you talk like numbers mean somethig, not the fact that Christianity was spread by force for a very very long time, its how we lost many great religions like The Celtic religions of West Europe, and how we almost lost the religious views of the Native Americans of North America, and partially how we did lose the beleifs of most of the original tribes of Central and South America.

Might does not make right.

Both Christianity and Islam have spread their scope by extreme and brutal force, not just at the level of the religion but also by warring between sects. As I think I said once before, I don't think Judaism has ever shown that face to the world, though its predecessor (the first) was undoubtedly forced upon an extremely unwilling people by Abraham.

Marvel - you cite Russell in your signature, but his first name was Bertrand, not Bertram.

...Might does not make right.

The great ancient Greek philosopher, and tutor to Alexander the Great, Aristotle, would disagree with you, because he believed might is right.

Plato, his teacher, on the other hand, would agree with you.

And as east is east, and west is west, nary the twain shall ever meet.

Your knowledge of history is really weak, especially regarding the events in Judea during the time of the Roman conquest and destruction and sacking of Jerusalem, at which time they expelled the jews, and renamed the land Palestine.

Oh yah, I know, the Romans had absolutely no justifiable reason for doing so. Right? Because the local jews there had always been such a peace loving people, right?? No problem with accepting the erection of a statue of Jupiter (Latin for Zeus-Pater), right? No riots, and no insurrection, right? And no problem with paying tribute to Rome, right?

Imagine what would happen today, if anyone refused to pay taxes to Washington D.C. !

nereas, I have to wonder where you are coming from when you deliberately do not capitalize the word "Jew." With your "knowledge" of language that you like to display, you should know that the name of a people &/or religion is always capitalized. While I cannot read your mind, I can tell you that this appearantly deliberate omission speaks volumes to me of your opinion of God's chosen people. Perhaps you ought to spend a little more time in the Word with an eye toward Jesus's messages of love & forgivness.... & ponder the fact that Jesus was also Jewish. At the very least, please start showing the Jewish people the outward respect that you show others.

I just don't like to capitalize a lot of words. Names of persons, sure.

Note that god is not a name. It is merely a noun.

And jews, christians, and muslims have become nouns in usage as well. I prefer not to show any favoritism to either.

Names include Elohim, JHVH, Jesus, St. Peter, St. Paul, etc.

Regarding forgiveness, I am not dwelling upon what happened 2000 years ago. That would be irrational. The issue of debate here is whether any modern faith closely follows the Biblical scriptures. And Jesus of Nazareth pointed out numerous contradictions of the local jews, specifically the Pharisees, Saducces, and scribes. We (including you) who have read about it know all about it, of course.

I find it fascinating that someone who is jewish would expect others who are christian to believe there is no Lucifer/Helal/Satan/Legion, especially when the Old Testament Bible is full of references to him, as well as the New Testament.

But his first point was that there is no HELAL in the Hebrew Bible, on which I have clearly pointed him out to be completely wrong. His many other points are simply red herrings and smoke screens. Typical.

The great ancient Greek philosopher, and tutor to Alexander the Great, Aristotle, would disagree with you, because he believed might is right.

Plato, his teacher, on the other hand, would agree with you.

And as east is east, and west is west, nary the twain shall ever meet.

Your knowledge of history is really weak, especially regarding the events in Judea during the time of the Roman conquest and destruction and sacking of Jerusalem, at which time they expelled the jews, and renamed the land Palestine.

Oh yah, I know, the Romans had absolutely no justifiable reason for doing so. Right? Because the local jews there had always been such a peace loving people, right?? No problem with accepting the erection of a statue of Jupiter (Latin for Zeus-Pater), right? No riots, and no insurrection, right? And no problem with paying tribute to Rome, right?

Imagine what would happen today, if anyone refused to pay taxes to Washington D.C. !
I had to do some reaserch into why you posted about this LOL. Apparently Some Christians beleive this attack was predicted by Jesus in the book of Daniel. And you would like me to beleive the Temple was destroyed because Jews don't beleive in Jesus.
But it doesn't make that beleif correct, the truth is the Romans felt the need to test the jews by trying to push their multi-diety religion on the the people of Israel.
They decided to up hold the tenents of the 10 commands and beleive there is 1 god and worshiping another god is ripe for punishment.

BTW from Wikipedia:
First Jewish-Roman War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The revolt began in 66 in Caesarea, provoked by Greeks sacrificing birds in front of a local synagogue.[2] The Greek-speaking Roman garrison did not intercede. In an act of defiance, the son of Kohen Gadol (High priest) Eliezar ben Hanania ceased prayers and sacrifices for the Roman Emperor at the Temple and subsequently led a successful attack on the Roman garrison stationed in Jerusalem. The pro-Roman king Agrippa II and his sister Berenice fled Jerusalem to Galilee, where later they gave themselves up to the Romans. Cestius Gallus, the legate of Syria, brought reinforcements to restore order, but was soundly defeated at the Battle of Beth Horon. While retreating, Legio XII Fulminata even lost its aquila.

So it was The Romans in a way trying to force their religion on the Jews, and Jews tend to fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom