Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I guess I can kind of see where you are coming from, though still think you are arguing from a position of complete ignorance about rape.

No I'm not because I'm not arguing.
I think that any woman who was raped would feel pretty bad if someone told them "shoulda learned self-defence" and that is why I think your comments are ill-thought out.

I never suggested telling a woman who was raped any such thing. However, as long as YOU bring it up...I do believe that the first person responsible for your safety is you.

Sure, but how do "Creationist Scientists" handle the fourth step?

That would depend on the nature of the question and the Hypothesis.

But, isn't experimentation a little difficult in the study of evolution given the time scale and the fact that so much of what is studied doesn't exist except in a very imcomplete fossil record?

But, isn't experimentation a little difficult in the study of evolution given the time scale and the fact that so much of what is studied doesn't exist except in a very imcomplete fossil record?

No, haven't you been reading this thread and all the links posted regarding the nature of evolutionary study? Countless posts have explained this, ad nauseum.

You obviously have read nothing of evolutionary science and have a closed mind anyway, so my attempts to explain it will be futile. As every other post with research on evolution has fell on your deaf ears.

For or all guys debating self defense and rape I find your debate very misinformed and some what offensive.

For one, studies have shown a woman who fights back is more likely to be killed or severely attacked when they do. Second, Rape is about power, nothing more. It is not about sex.
Three, tell me this, how does an elderly woman fight off a rapist and succeed? How does a child?
the situations are endless. I do realise this thread is about evolution but the cave man attitudes are not sitting well.

A bit out of context isn't it? But maybe they need an education in self defense more than they need family planning advice?
It depends on how you look at it. You seem to be compartmentalising things to do with family planning. I see it as all one interrelated issue. Whether it's about contraception or abortion, it's about empowering women to gain some control over their own destiny - which in many places is still very sadly lacking. There's other issues involved too....aids is a huge one.

It's very sad when the so called religious and pious can only operate within their own cultural paradigm, and consequently hang conditions on their charity and supposed help. While I'm no ecclesiastical scholar, I somehow doubt very much if that was the intention of the man himself. I thought it was about unconditional love.

Conditions are easy.....and a true cop out.

Peer reviewed does not mean other creationist "scientists."

Actually, that's exactly what it means. I know of at least 2 peer reviewed journals dealing with creation science.

However, your not really talking about peer review of the science involved...what you are talking about is peer review of the philosophical underpinnings involved.

The secular scientific community has, by fiat, defined science as giving only those explanations that are "natural." Therefore, they operate under what is called operational naturalism. Unfortunately, many scientists also adhere to a worldview of philosophical naturalism so they are just as biased as those scientists operating under a "God is true and he created" philosophy.

For example?

Oh, gee, a myriad of topics...from determining the best crop rotation, to experiments on disease causes and cures, to innovative ways to grow plants in differing environments, to physics/engineering studies on building better motors, etc...

I guess what you are getting at is how do creation scientists do experiments to prove that God created the universe? It can't be done. There is no single experiment that can be done to prove that.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom