Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I noticed you haven't quoted the full passage which starts off by saying "It is good for a man not to marry." Then it goes on to say what you have quoted. I notice you're married even though your God says it is more ideal for men to not marry at all. Why would you get married even though God prefers that you don't?

Speaking of marriage in 1 cor 7:6 Paul said "But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. 7, For I wish that all men were even as myself. But each on has his own gift from God, one in this manor and another in that."

Paul devoted hismself entirely to preaching the Gospel. It's a gift that I wasn't given.
I have done more than enough Biblical study so I am well aware of how the cross between Old and New Covenant theology can be made but there are a multitude of ways that Christians make the reconciliation so I was asking how you did.

I don't want to call the efficacy of your Biblical study into question but "the cross" refers to the cross that Jesus was crucified on and what that accomplished.

Questions?

When I said cross I meant reconciliation between the New and Old Testaments so the "cross over" if you will. Sorry I forget to Christians the word "cross" has anothersignificance so should choose my words more carefully in future. I hardly see how that relates to the Biblical study I did though...

Questions? Well you didn't answer the question in my last post so why not start with that one instead of diverting the argument to one about semantics.

We've been trying to get an answer to this question for the last 450 pages of posts, but alas, none is ever given.

I think you'll find that the answer has been given several times in the thread...including just a few posts ago. Read Galatians.

I don't see it anywhere. The last instance of "Galatians" was September 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM. Can you please just answer the question? No one has.

I'll try.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, 9, lest anyone should boast."

I've quoted that before. The point is that none of us can earn salvation by anything of ourselves. We can't follow all the law but that means sin and sin is death.

Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21, I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Jesus fulfilled the law because we can't. Jesus paid for our sins because we can't.

Galations 3:19 "What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promis was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

Read the Gospel of John, Ephesians and Galatians...heck, read all of it.

When I said cross I meant reconciliation between the New and Old Testaments so the "cross over" if you will. Sorry I forget to Christians the word "cross" has anothersignificance

Not "other significance", it's the whole thing.
so should choose my words more carefully in future. I hardly see how that relates to the Biblical study I did though...

In that, you seem to be arguing Christianity without even understanding what it is.
Questions? Well you didn't answer the question in my last post so why not start with that one instead of diverting the argument to one about semantics.

It's not semantics. Christ is what ties it all together. Christ was the promis, the fulfillment of the law.

Gal 4:28 "Now we, brethren, as Isac was, are children of promis."

Ok let me guess this straight. All the law in the Old Testament is applicable but Jesus died for everyone's sins and therefore even though you are sinning by working on the Sabbath, allowing disabled people in to the Church and not killing gay people, but because Jesus died for your sins it's ok to do those things?

Why not allow gay people to get married then? :shakehead: You seem to have only picked the sins that are easy for you not to follow to prosecute. How nice for you.

On that note, think I am done here.

Can someone explain this contrived artificial thing called 'sin' that is mentioned constantly?

Every baby is born with 'sin'? Come on, no person with any common sense can possibly believe this ludicrous notion??

god supposedly 'creates' man & woman only to forever curse them for doing something he knew in advance they'd do? That is not an all loving god, that is a sadist. But of course this will be 'explained' away by saying we have 'free will' right?

Religion is simply about control, make people fear 'hell' and promise them 'heaven' and they'll do just about anything.

Can someone explain this contrived artificial thing called 'sin' that is mentioned constantly?

Man's law is artificial and we can change it at will. Sin is violation of God's law.
Every baby is born with 'sin'? Come on, no person with any common sense can possibly believe this ludicrous notion??

god supposedly 'creates' man & woman only to forever curse them for doing something he knew in advance they'd do? That is not an all loving god, that is a sadist. But of course this will be 'explained' away by saying we have 'free will' right?

No. It's explained by pointing out that you have it all wrong. You pose a straw-man argument. You misstate the doctrin and then procede to argue with yourself. You win.
Religion is simply about control, make people fear 'hell' and promise them 'heaven' and they'll do just about anything.

I suppose that if you want to look at it that way, all law and government is simply about control...threaten them with fines and prison and they'll do just about anything. Let's have a free-for-all.

Ok let me guess this straight. All the law in the Old Testament is applicable but Jesus died for everyone's sins and therefore even though you are sinning by working on the Sabbath, allowing disabled people in to the Church and not killing gay people, but because Jesus died for your sins it's ok to do those things?

But that's just it. You don't have it straight at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom