Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
adurso:
Trees that extend through several layers? The roots grow and stuff not in the sea is tectonic movement

No, no, no, I am talking about large trees extending through what an evolutionist would consider hundreds of thousands of years. Trees don't live that long. And on top of that, it is the trunk of the tree, not the roots, that extends that far.
Also, there is no evidence of tectonic movement depositing the sea life.

scubafire:
No, no, no, I am talking about large trees extending through what an evolutionist would consider hundreds of thousands of years. Trees don't live that long. And on top of that, it is the trunk of the tree, not the roots, that extends that far.

A geologist would be concerned about the dating of the layers.....A tree falls and silt and or windblown deposits move dirt and debris around it. The movement of the earth does not deposit sea life on mountain tops like a rain of fish. The tops of many mountain ranges were once under water, the water got locked into ice caps, the tectonic plates subducted and the crust rose creating mountains. Or am I missing something?

I am still waiting for my acre and support....

scubafire:

There is evidence of tectonic movements transforming sea beds into mountains...

scubafire:
:lol:
Oh, that was a serious question......sorry

scubafire:
Oh and how do they explain fish skeletons and sea life at the top of mountains?

plate tectonics explains sea life at top of mountains. at one point, that mountain was the
bottom of the sea. eventually, it rose up through plate tectonics and became
a mountain.

read Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. it's a great summary of scientific thought up to the present time, including such issues as plate tectonics and evolution.

scubafire:
Not trying to be argumentative....I am just curious. How do evolutionists explain the trees that extend through several layers of the geological column? Oh and how do they explain fish skeletons and sea life at the top of mountains?

Come to Jamaica and I can show you miles and miles of the north coast that was once submerged underwater....

Tassie_Rohan:
Nice letter David- mercifully concise for its type, and he’s even restrained his use of the caps lock key (I received one recently that was 12 pages long with no punctuation, no paragraphs and every second word in capitals – I guess announcements of impeding Armageddon are hurried affairs ...).

[opps - edit: just read the last few sentences: good to see this one had his tongue in his cheek]

I'm just waiting for the mother ship to arrive and beam me up. If you all are nice to me I will let you come along....
You must first drink the koolaid. :D

somebody mention rum? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom