Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diver Dennis:
So David, if the earth is flat, how did we get to the Philippines the first time? Did we run off and fall into the parallel universe? :D
I fell off a rocking horse once. :D

Todd: Daddy, was Mommy a monkey? I can't remember.
Ned: No one was ever a monkey! Everything is what it was and always will be! God put us here and that's that!
Todd: But you said a stork brought me.
Ned: Umm...that was God disguised as a stork.
Rod: Then who brings baby storks?
Ned: There's no such thing as storks! It's all God!
Todd: (Kneeling beside a statue of a stork) Please bless Daddy and Roddy...
Ned: Stop praying to that stork!

Lisa: Dad, are you really believing in creationism?
Homer: My mind is always open to new ideas. (looks at plate) ONIONS?!?!? IN THE PEAS?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL??!?!? (throws plate across the room)

H2Andy:
before you say anything, try translating the following for me:

Juan Maldacena finds that string theory in a background of five-dimensional anti-de Sitter space times a five-sphere obeys a duality relationship with superconformal field theory in four spacetime dimensions. The result, called AdS-CFT duality, opens up a new era of exploration in string theory.

I don't know but when I read it I find it's hard to breathe.

Thalassamania:
On the ScubaBoard we never debate the number of angels that can fit on the head of a pin, the number of angels that can dance on a pinhead ... perhaps.<G>

That's the one... English isn't my first language, but we have the corresponding expression in French. I'll try to remember the "proper" translation!!!

By the way, being a microbiologist, I like your "gut" idea... Intriguing!! (And is as valid as anything else out there, as far as I'm concerned)

abitton:
Uh-oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassamania
Global warming? There's no issue concerning the science.

:lurk:

:wink:

Actually, he is correct. There is no debate among scientists (not to be confused with lobby groups and politicians) about the validity of global warming. Probably the best proof of this is the following article:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686

Long story made short, someone randomly selected 928 scientific papers on the topic of global warming (this represented ~10% of the total papers on that topic at the time the study was done). They then classified the articles into the following categories (followed by the percentage of articles witch fit into each group):

1) Accepted the man-caused warming hypothesis - 75%
2) Were about paleoclimatology (the science of determining the climate in the past) - 25%
3) Proof against the theory that man causes warming - 0%

So in a huge sample of articles about warming they were unable to find any articles which disagreed with the concept of human-induced warming.

The consensus is clear. Unless you're a lobbyist or politician, that is...

Bryan

Warthaug:
Actually, he is correct. There is no debate among scientists (not to be confused with lobby groups and politicians) about the validity of global warming. Probably the best proof of this is the following article:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686

Long story made short, someone randomly selected 928 scientific papers on the topic of global warming (this represented ~10% of the total papers on that topic at the time the study was done). They then classified the articles into the following categories (followed by the percentage of articles witch fit into each group):

1) Accepted the man-caused warming hypothesis - 75%
2) Were about paleoclimatology (the science of determining the climate in the past) - 25%
3) Proof against the theory that man causes warming - 0%

So in a huge sample of articles about warming they were unable to find any articles which disagreed with the concept of human-induced warming.

The consensus is clear. Unless you're a lobbyist or politician, that is...

Bryan

I am not a lobbyist or a politician, simply facetious. :D

But you have to agree the topic tends to generate similar debates!!!

abitton:
I am not a lobbyist or a politician, simply facetious. :D

But you have to agree the topic tends to generate similar debates!!!

Only among the :confused:

:wink:

Thalassamania:
On the ScubaBoard we never debate the number of angels that can fit on the head of a pin, the number of angels that can dance on a pinhead ... perhaps.<G>

elemental, my dear Thalassmania

the answer is: all of them ... all the angels in existence at any given time

as angels are not material beings, they can all occupy the same space at the same time ...

they could also, for example, all fit into the backseat of the same Volkswagen, or the same telephone booth, and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom