Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sasquatch:
Whatever it means it sounds like it's opening up a new era of exploration in string theory. :wink:

Do you need helium for that? :wink:

abitton:
One may also, for example, believe that a supreme being "created" (or provoked, or whatever) the Big Bang, and set in place the "rules" that led to what we see today. This individual would also believe that the organisms that exist today are the result of eons of evolutionary pressures.

You realize we are debating on the number of angels that can fit on the head of a pin, don't you?

This is fun!!!
I'm not much of a physicist or cosmologist and I can not think of a way of testing the Big Bang, so I leave that open to everything from God to nothing to a singularity created by an ulcer in the gut lining of an organism who's digestive tract separates matter from anti-matter.

On the ScubaBoard we never debate the number of angels that can fit on the head of a pin, the number of angels that can dance on a pinhead ... perhaps.<G>

Men in Black :D

In contemplating creation and time and Biblical references to days (aside from Biblical references to God's time, where a thousand years is but a moment) it is useful to include relativity, by which we know that there are places in the universe where no days, indeed not even hours, have passed in the last several million years...
So... depending on where you happen to stand and watch, earth may be 4 billion or six thousand years - or just a few hours... old.
Rick :D

Good point Rick.

Rick Murchison:
In contemplating creation and time and Biblical references to days (aside from Biblical references to God's time, where a thousand years is but a moment) it is useful to include relativity, by which we know that there are places in the universe where no days, indeed not even hours, have passed in the last several million years...
So... depending on where you happen to stand and watch, earth may be 4 billion or six thousand years - or just a few hours... old.
Rick :D

Aaaaaaack, must resist :D :D :D.

Oh and I thought this might prove interesting in light of the current topic here.....

The Flat Earth Society ............ Yes they actually exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom