Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tavi:
All things, were Created.
and have been Evolving ever since.
This is the kind of misstatement that confuses things, there is a clear implication that everything was created, all at once and then evolution was set into motion. If you need to have a piece of God in this, and many people do, it is not unreasonable to say that God set things in motion and then everything evolved.

dlndavid:
Very true Red, there are two sides to this coin, just like politics, global warming and so many other things. People tend to take a side like rooting for their favorite sports team and the other side will always be wrong to each side.
Politics, sure ... but that's an art not a science, and that's why the TOS does not alow us to discuss it.

Global warming? There's no issue concerning the science.
Evolution? Also no issue concerning the science.

Thalassamania:
This is the kind of misstatement that confuses things, there is a clear implication that everything was created, all at once and then evolution was set into motion. If you need to have a piece of God in this, and many people do, it is not unreasonable to say that God set things in motion and then everything evolved.

The post you are responding to does not make the assumption that you make in the first part of your response. In fact, I think it pretty much says exactly what you say in your last sentence.

Anyway, that's my own interpretation!

Thalassamania:
Politics, sure ... but that's an art not a science, and that's why the TOS does not alow us to discuss it.

No, I'm not buying that. The TOS doesn't allow it because people get into big, ugly fights.

Ah, OK ... the question is did some supreme being make many millions of species of plant and animals and then turn them loose to evolve, or was a process set into motion that did not involve the "creation" of a single organism, by natural or supernatural means, that has resulted in many evolving organisms we see today.

Oh, you're always so practical.

TheRedHead:
No, I'm not buying that. The TOS doesn't allow it because people get into big, ugly fights.

what is the "it"? politics?

if so, you are correct... politics is prohibitted by the TOS

religion, on the other hand is not, nor are scientific discussions. this thread, being a mix of a religious-scientific discussion is golden, TOS-wise

also, kudos to everyone for a very civil thread. both sides have been very restrained in their expressions, and even the occasional spats have been humorous

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom