created an underwater beer cellar, though I'd share it

What do you think about this crazy project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No personal experience, sorry. I remember reading an article about someone doing this with wine a few years ago. Not sure how it turned out. There was also a guy (or group of people?) strapping paintings or photos to a sunken boat before selling them.

I've brewed my own beer, but never stored it in the ocean. If there's enough pressure in the bottles then salt water intrusion shouldn't be an issue.

Do the bottles have metal caps?

Sounds interesting,. Wow strapping painting and photos to a shipwreck... Inventive approach haha. well time will tell if theyll hold out... That's half the fun haha. Yes the bottles have metal caps but when I capped them I tried hard you really press them on super tightly...

I don’t know what you Australian fellows like with your beer but up north in the US many of us like salted peanuts with our beer. If there’s some saltwater intrusion, just eat some unsalted peanuts with your beer and call it good.

Viking with an Oz accent! Priceless. I’m subscribed!

As long as the caps do not corrode in the salt water, I think that it should work out fine. It is a relatively short period of time, so I would hope that the caps should hold up for the few months anyway. Especially in that cold water.
Can't wait to hear about the tasting!

I don’t know what you Australian fellows like with your beer but up north in the US many of us like salted peanuts with our beer. If there’s some saltwater intrusion, just eat some unsalted peanuts with your beer and call it good.

Hahaha that could be just the right approach mate

As long as the caps do not corrode in the salt water, I think that it should work out fine. It is a relatively short period of time, so I would hope that the caps should hold up for the few months anyway. Especially in that cold water.
Can't wait to hear about the tasting!
Yeah true. The water is quite salty but I think they won't corrode that quickly. I think that if they will leak they propably already have. But I'm still hopeful. We'll let you know in a few months.

The hardest part is that we have the other 18 beers sitting on a shelf maturing at the office. Gotta let them sit for 6 months with drinking them to compare... That's self torture haha

Well done mate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom