Cozumel what to expect now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many of y'all have backup proof of vaccination? I got such a document from my state health department. I'll carry my Vaxxed card with my passport in my backpack, my backup document in my roll-on with my spare PP photo and copy of PP page.
I am in the process of getting one, since I naively assumed the vax would be one (or two) and done and laminated the original.

I am in the process of getting one
Good day,
Thank you for contacting the Immunization Registry. We do not replace cards but we can send you a PDF of the official record of the vaccines. To request a copy of immunization records complete and submit (by fax or mail) an Authorization to Release ImmTrac2 History Form (F11-11406).
ImmTrac Forms and Documents
For a person over 18 years of age, also complete and submit an ImmTrac2 Adult Consent Form (F11-13366)
ImmTrac Forms and Documents,
Allow 7-10 business day to be process ( process time seem longer due to Covid19)

Thank you,

ImmTrac2 Customer Support Team - 029

We received our boosters today at Walgreens. We had also laminated our previous cards, so they created new ones on the spot, copying the data from the original and adding our booster info to it. So now we essentially have two cards, one with the booster added and one without.

"Starting Nov. 8, unvaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents will need to take a test one day before departure and test again upon arrival in the U.S.

Entry requirements will not change for vaccinated Americans. They will still need to show proof of a negative coronavirus test taken no more than three days before departure
."

Still can't find a .gov website that shows the details, but this was from a yahoo article that links back to a usatoday article.
There have been vague references to new requirements, for US citizens, starting on November 8th since early September.
Last week the State department issued:
“The CDC and the interagency are working to develop the orders and guidance documents to implement this new travel policy, and those details -- for the airlines, for airline passengers, and for people coming to the land border -- will be available well in advance of November 8 to understand what is required to be in compliance. The Department will provide further information on travel.state.gov as it becomes available. “

And then provided a link to the CDC page which has not been updated since 6-July and has no actual info on vaccine requirements for entry.

November 8th is now not very far into the future and …… crickets. Like most things to do with this government we get a lot of press releases with nothing to actually back them up.

(I wondered what the folks at the State department who handled the Special Immigrant Visas for Afghans program were now doing, I think I found out)

But what are you laying for odds?

I'll take bets all day long from anyone that wants to bet the Gov will loosen the regs. Heck I'll give 3-1 odds even. That might finally pay off my Margarita tab at Guidos.

I was in Cozumel last week and in May.

Everything seems almost normal now except there are less cruises so its less crowded downtown. The locals are all wearing masks and it is very safe.

The diving was VERY much improved from May. In May there was nuisance algae everywhere and nasty cyanobacteria all over. This all points to a very high nutrient load in the water. The algae was noticeably reduced and the cyano was dying off and almost gone. Not sure what changed with the water quality but it is a very good thing.

There is a small group of baby black tipped reef sharks to enjoy as well.

But what are you laying for odds?

I'll take bets all day long from anyone that wants to bet the Gov will loosen the regs. Heck I'll give 3-1 odds even. That might finally pay off my Margarita tab at Guidos.
I would bet that the same thing happens as happened in the beginning of all this - when the "deadline" gets close they will move it to a later date. Rinse and repeat.

There is a small group of baby black tipped reef sharks to enjoy as well.
Oh, I heard something about that. Where are they?

Few years back we followed a group of babies from the Chakanaabs all the way south through the Columbias over months. It was VERY cool....

In May there was nuisance algae everywhere and nasty cyanobacteria all over. This all points to a very high nutrient load in the water. The algae was noticeably reduced and the cyano was dying off and almost gone. Not sure what changed with the water quality but it is a very good thing.
It helps to not have cruise barges dumping sewage along with that from the ill planned resorts.

Back
Top Bottom