Cozumel trip report - post Emily (long/lots of pics) +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This trip report is posted on "that other scuba board." I would put it here, but it's way too big and exceeds Scubaboard's size limitations. That said, you will need a broad band connection to the internet to view (cable modem, DSL, T1, etc.). Don't even think about trying it with a dial-up, unless you are willing to wait until next Tuesday for it to load.

We were in Coz after Hurricane Emily for two weeks at Scuba Club Cozumel. Enjoy.

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=3107

Jim (jlyle)

Great Shots......Trip report had a refreshing new twist. Thanks
Two Thumbs UP!

I really wish I had that much free time and resources. This post is about to turn green with envy. :Wizard:

Hey Jim, what a terrific trip report. It sounds like you had a fun time there in Coz and have some great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Cheers,
Mike

Really nice report with some excellent photos!! Looking at those almost made me forgive the ...errr...enthusiastic....photographers I've encountered diving in Cozumel.

(JK..thanks for the photos!)

Absolutely gorgeous photos Jim! Thank you for sharing. Just curious - I am thinking about getting into underwater photography, but I want a simple rig. Any suggestions?

wetrat

Ah, the memories... Jim, those pics are color perfect!!!

BTW, the pics and report loaded and viewed just fine with my 56K modem.

Wow, your pictures are amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report. December can't get here fast enough for my return trip to Coz.

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

wetrat:
Absolutely gorgeous photos Jim! Thank you for sharing. Just curious - I am thinking about getting into underwater photography, but I want a simple rig. Any suggestions?

wetrat

Thanks.

Underwater photography is a hole in the water in which to throw money.

What u/w camera system to buy depends on your goals. If you only dive on vacation and are just looking for a few low-quality images to share with friends, then you will be happy with a PHS ("push here, stupid) camera/housing. But, if you either dive more often or want some really nice pictures, you shouldn't waste your money on a "simple" rig that you will replace later with the stuff you should have bought in the first place.

You will want to look at digital, 5MP or higher, that has an available housing. The Fuji-F810 is a popular choice, but I don't know about availability.

DSAO,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom