Cozumel trip report - finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now thats a trip report! Nice work.

Great report and great pictures. I loved the one of the batfish as many times as I have been to Coz I have never seen one gotta have a good eye.

Hey, Alcina, great report. I'm sorry that your "wild side" excursion was less than satisfactory; if you'd had me for a tour guide you'd have had a better time. Next time, maybe. ;^)

My reply to the Turtle Lady would have been something like, "Vacation time is very precious and expensive for me. I've spent all of it I want to on this; I'm leaving. You can go with me now or take your chances on finding another ride later."

Anyway, great pix! Only thing is, now my wife wants a new camera...

Cheers,

Alcina, Great trip report and great pics!

Those batfish are AWESOME! Living in Dallas, Texas we are only a short flight to Cozumel so it works out we can do long weekend trips (Friday to Monday) several times/year... and I have never seen those. I think you had a good DM and got VERY lucky that dive!

I'm glad you had a good time at Mezcalitos. Part of our long weekend "routine" is to take a cab over there for beef nachos, shrimp fajitas, and margaritas on Sunday afternoon before flying out the next morning. After a few learning experiences (it's sometimes hard to get a cab back), we have started pre-arranging roundtrip rides in advance, with payment on the return. Those margaritas are definitely DEADLY! Before I learned better, I had 4 plus a couple of beers in one afternoon. The rest of the evening was one big blur, and the morning after, packing and going to the airport, was NOT pretty...

ggun, those pics are making me want a new camera as well. My 3.2 MP is decent, but I can definitely see the improvement in the 5 MP shots (both in these and in other friends' pics). I'm trying to hold off until next year some time when I "hope" the 8 MP cameras will come down in price a bit... but it is sooooo tempting to upgrade now!

Banon

ggunn:
My reply to the Turtle Lady would have been something like, "Vacation time is very precious and expensive for me. I've spent all of it I want to on this; I'm leaving. You can go with me now or take your chances on finding another ride later."
LOL...pretty much that's what we said to her!

As for the new cameras...go for it...there are some great cameras for not very much money out there. I take so many more photos coz I have a handy camera.

FWIW - all the land shots were taken on an older teeny Sony DCS-U20 2MP. I love this camera coz it fits in the front pocket of even my little shorts & I've been known to tuck into the strap of a halter top/sports bra top thing. Go anywhere. No zoom etc, but it does a great job for what it is built for. I would update to more MP on this or similar camera, but haven't found one as small yet. Still looking...

Great report!
That critter you saw at Punta Morena is a Coatimundi. They're part of the racoon family.
You're photos are stunning! I lived in Cozumel for 5 years and you just reminded me of all the things I miss. Thanks.
Liz

Fantastic trip report! Your photos are nothing short of stunning. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Great Report! Thanks!
Ahh! The shrimp and margaritas at Mezcalitos! Worth a trip just for those! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom