Cozumel Trip Report - Dec 30-Jan 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from Allegro. Compared to what this resort used to be (and could be again!), it was terribly disappointing! The food was awful, service was even worse. They've done a good job rebuilding but the are clearly down-scaling this resort to be a low-budget place with a GREAT dive shop and team. Wouldn't go back. Spoke to the GM and he hemmed and hawed about how hard it is to get good help these days. BS. We went to Cozumel Palace for 2 days after Allegro, and the food and service were incredible. So sad to see such a great dive resport like Allegro be run into the ground.

Thanks for the detailed report on DWM. I selected them, in part, based upon the updates people have posted here -- so I'll make sure I return the favor after we return.

Yah know - I can't figure out why anyone would want to stay at an all-inclusive in Coz unless you are with kiddies who need babysitting/entertaining. Food is generally geared to a very bland American palate and there are so many better options in town. Rent a car and you can go anywhere, do anything...best food, best beaches, best dive ops. My 2 cents.

MMM:
Yah know - I can't figure out why anyone would want to stay at an all-inclusive in Coz unless you are with kiddies who need babysitting/entertaining. Food is generally geared to a very bland American palate and there are so many better options in town. Rent a car and you can go anywhere, do anything...best food, best beaches, best dive ops. My 2 cents.
Well it goes a little something like this:
When you really want to go to Coz but you have a timeshare week banked (that has to be used) and the only way to use it is to get into an all-inclusive (this time Park Royal). Unfortunately there are not many resorts in the RCI timeshare trading program that aren't mandatory all-inclusive. If I wasn't using a timeshare trade I would never stay at an AI..
But I refuse to not be able to dine at some of my favorite places sooo, we stay another week at the Vista Del Mar. Problem solved:D

karl.freund:
I just returned from Allegro. Compared to what this resort used to be (and could be again!), it was terribly disappointing! The food was awful, service was even worse. They've done a good job rebuilding but the are clearly down-scaling this resort to be a low-budget place with a GREAT dive shop and team. Wouldn't go back. Spoke to the GM and he hemmed and hawed about how hard it is to get good help these days. BS. We went to Cozumel Palace for 2 days after Allegro, and the food and service were incredible. So sad to see such a great dive resport like Allegro be run into the ground.
Welcome to SB Karl. I hope you like it enough here to do more here.

I tried Allegro my first trip down there several years ago. It was okay, but so artificial - guess I am not the resort type. I've since found myself much happier at a cute, cheap hotel and dining in town. :wink:

lishen, how about copying and pasting your reports to seprate threads here, or one big report. Some of us don't care for reading off site reports - maybe I like the opportunity to reply to them here :D and we have lots of room.

I considered doing that for you, but didn't want to seem rude... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom