Cozumel shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't say "plenty", but there are some. My best guess is that there are 4 - 6 places where you can walk up, rent tanks, and get in/out.

Any chance you could list them? Would like to try a few new ones after morning dives...

Any chance you could list them? Would like to try a few new ones after morning dives...
Blue Angel, the shop right across the street from the Villablanca hotel, Hotel Barracuda, Tikila Beach Club and Scuba Club Cozumel are a few. I will never go back to SCC because of the way they treat walk-ins. There are more but I can't name them right now.

Blue Angel, the shop right across the street from the Villablanca hotel, Hotel Barracuda, Tikila Beach Club and Scuba Club Cozumel are a few. I will never go back to SCC because of the way they treat walk-ins. There are more but I can't name them right now.
True, SCC doesn't like non-guests coming in and walking around, but you can shore dive from the Dive Paradise location just south of SCC.

The shop across from Villablanca is another Blue Angel location; you can get in there and drift to the BA mother ship.

There is a dive shop at La Ceiba.

It's a bit more expensive but one of the best (if not the best) shore diving location is in the Chankanaab Park.

True, SCC doesn't like non-guests coming in and walking around, but you can shore dive from the Dive Paradise location just south of SCC.

The shop across from Villablanca is another Blue Angel location; you can get in there and drift to the BA mother ship.

It's a bit more expensive but one of the best (if not the best) shore diving location is in the Chankanaab Park.

That's one of the reasons we are staying there next month. They take care of their guest . We have never been. But it was recommended by several other divers.

We did the Chankanaab park one time. It was ok, with "cave" area and all but I prefer being on my own at BA.

We did the Chankanaab park one time. It was ok, with "cave" area and all but I prefer being on my own at BA.
You know, right after I posted that it occurred to me that my shore diving experiences in Chankanaab Park were all pre-Wilma. I don't know what changes were wrought by the storm. I do know that Cozumel shore diving in general was significantly impacted, though.

You know, right after I posted that it occurred to me that my shore diving experiences in Chankanaab Park were all pre-Wilma. I don't know what changes were wrought by the storm. I do know that Cozumel shore diving in general was significantly impacted, though.
For me it was more the guided tour without a lot to see vs all the coral heads South of the stingray pen at BA at our own speed with no one around usually.

Blue Angel resort

Hotel Cozumel Resort and Scuba Club Cozumel.. very nice and pleasant, especially the night/dusk dives.
I wasn't used to get up in the morning, having my breakfast and slowly dress with my scuba gear at the border of a natural pool to start a 1 hour and half shallow dive (!); I was used to the get dress fast, have a ride in a bouncy boat, have to deal with other 6 chaps and conclude the dive within the 45 minutes time! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom