Cozumel shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From reading this thread and similar ones, it seems like most shore diving sites are in the north of the island.

Is there any decent shore diving in the south?

For the record, you can shore dive many places north of the southern cruise ship pier to probably the Barracuda hotel, which is on the south side of the square. The Presidente is just inside the marine park as I understand. North of the cruise ship pier and not in the marine park you can get in at Tikila, which is right beside Casa del Mar and Scuba Shack. You can dive from the El Cid if you're staying there, and maybe if you're not? There's Villa Blanca/Papa Hogs, etc. I don't know all the possible entry points/dives along the way. The current mostly runs south to north.

I've never done any shore diving north of the square, but from what I've read it sounds like the snorkeling is better north. For shore diving, what I've seen of Tikila/CDM/Scuba Shack and Villa Blanca/Papa Hogs is Ok. Some do drift dives where they get in at one place and get out somewhere north of their entry.

From reading this thread and similar ones, it seems like most shore diving sites are in the north of the island.
Not really. Most of the sites talked about in here are south of town, although they are north of the marine park. I'd call them central rather than north.

I guess the bottom line is that their are plenty of shore diving spots along the coast of Cozumel. Just get in the water and have a great time exploring a bit :)

I guess the bottom line is that their are plenty of shore diving spots along the coast of Cozumel. Just get in the water and have a great time exploring a bit :)

I wouldn't say "plenty", but there are some. My best guess is that there are 4 - 6 places where you can walk up, rent tanks, and get in/out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom