Cozumel Restraunts

What's your favorite restraunt in Cozumel?

• Casa Denis

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Casa Mission

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Chen Rio

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Coconuts Restaurant

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • El Capi Navigante

• El Moro

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Ernesto's

• Especias

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • French Quarter

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Guido's

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Hog Town Cafe

• Jeanie's Waffle House

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • La Casa de La Mision

• La Choza

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • La CoCay

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • La Perlita

• La Veranda

• Las Palmas

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Lobster House

• Mesa 17

• Palmeras

• Pancho's Backyard

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Paradise Cafe

• Prima

Votes: 23 15.5%
  • Sonora Grill

• Tony Romes

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Goddard:
It's a multiple choice poll, you can pick as many as you like...

Sorry but I read it to say and I quote " View Poll Results: What's your favorite restraunt in Cozumel?" I voted for one and assumed that everybody else did too. Do you think the results look accurate, or fair in your taste buds way of judging? It just seems to lead new divers to Cozumel into missing out on some really good choices. Just my opinion.

Matt

divematt:
Sorry but I read it to say and I quote " View Poll Results: What's your favorite restraunt in Cozumel?" I voted for one and assumed that everybody else did too. Do you think the results look accurate, or fair in your taste buds way of judging? It just seems to lead new divers to Cozumel into missing out on some really good choices. Just my opinion.

Matt

I agree. If the question were phrased "What are your favorite Cozumel restaurants? Vote for as many as you like.", I think that the results might be more useful.

We ate at the following restaurants in Cozumel during our stay and had great meals at them all:

French Quarter
El Moro
Guidos
Mesa 17
Pepe's
Museum Restaurant
Casa Mexicana’s Breakfast Buffet
and
Casa Mexicana’s Room Service

AZ divers in Cozumel withdrawl

I thought Tony Romes was closed.
was I wrong, it looked very closed when we walked by it.

also what about otates ?
that is not a tourista place.
what is the name of that soup mmmmmm

James Goddard:
Ok, this question seems to come up about once a week :D so I thought I'd do it as a poll and make it stickey. What's your favorite restraunt in Cozumel?

In the poll, some restaurant names are in italics and some are not. I've looked for a pattern, but I don't see it. I give up; what's the significance?

ggunn:
In the poll, some restaurant names are in italics and some are not. I've looked for a pattern, but I don't see it. I give up; what's the significance?

Italics are "usually" the ones you voted for. In this case they might not be right because I added a couple at peoples request and that moved them. And before anybody asks it did not change the vote counts. :)

James

I've thought about just restarting this to incorporate all the suggestions, but then I realized that I'll never make everyone happy :D... After all, no good deed goes unpunished.

James Goddard:
Italics are "usually" the ones you voted for. In this case they might not be right because I added a couple at peoples request and that moved them. And before anybody asks it did not change the vote counts. :)

James

I've thought about just restarting this to incorporate all the suggestions, but then I realized that I'll never make everyone happy :D...

How could it not make everyone happy if it ended up giving more votes to the restaurants that everyone liked? Would someone be unhappy about that? If everyone knew up front that they could pick their 3 or 4 or 5 favorite restaurants, wouldn't that make a better judge of how good a restaurant really is. I mean, is Mesa 17 and La Cocay really worse than the restaurants on the east side of the island named Coconuts and Chen Rio that are open only until sunset? I'm not picking on any restaurant and actually know that Chen Rio is pretty good but I'd think that by making it clear that you can pick 5 favorites, you'd come up with 8 or 10 really awesome restaurants. I already have my favorites from past trips, but would definitely check out a place that I've seen here with 15 or 20 votes, if I never had been there. By the same token, I might skip a great place that has only one or two votes, and even though it's everybody's second or third favorite restaurant, it doesn't show that because they only voted for their one favorite. I'm just trying to help some of those who haven't spent a lot of time in town eating out like the all inclusive types.

James, maybe you can put up a disclaimer that ALL of these restaurants are the cream of the crop on Coz and you can't go wrong with any of them - unless you hit them on a bad day...

Maybe that will calm some people down.

Moodiejeff:
James, maybe you can put up a disclaimer that ALL of these restaurants are the cream of the crop on Coz and you can't go wrong with any of them - unless you hit them on a bad day...

Maybe that will calm some people down.

Hey, if I were any calmer, I'd be unconscious. ;^)

ggunn:
Hey, if I were any calmer, I'd be unconscious. ;^)
Yeah, but you have the luxury of being somewhere between turnaround day and your trip... whatever that means! I'm sure it made sense to you. :crafty:

I have 39 days and still haven't decided on our hotel. It's not close enough yet to start stressing but it's about time to lock it down.

I do know where I'm going to eat though! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom