Cozumel Restraunts

What's your favorite restraunt in Cozumel?

• Casa Denis

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Casa Mission

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Chen Rio

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Coconuts Restaurant

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • El Capi Navigante

• El Moro

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Ernesto's

• Especias

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • French Quarter

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Guido's

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Hog Town Cafe

• Jeanie's Waffle House

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • La Casa de La Mision

• La Choza

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • La CoCay

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • La Perlita

• La Veranda

• Las Palmas

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Lobster House

• Mesa 17

• Palmeras

• Pancho's Backyard

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Paradise Cafe

• Prima

Votes: 23 15.5%
  • Sonora Grill

• Tony Romes

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
My fave (at the moment) is not on the list; it's La Perlita.

well, It's hard to pick a favorite, Casa Denis and Prima Pasta are at the top of my list, Capt. Navagante and Rock 'n' Java are up there too.

Planning on going to Guito's for the first time in May, and have had a couple of new suggestions also.

where is La Perlita located? may have to put it on the list.

9 days may not be long enough!!!!! I may have to extend the vacation just to fulfill my food obligations! :eyebrow:

sharky60:
where is La Perlita located? may have to put it on the list.

It's back in the residential area just a couple of blocks from El Moro. Any cab driver will know it.

ggunn:
It's back in the residential area just a couple of blocks from El Moro. Any cab driver will know it.

Its off 65th, between 10-12 - excellent seafood platter ..Someone at our hotel recommended it. Apparently, the old chef from El Presidante is there now.

As I said in a previous post , this seafood platter is large enough for two, includes squid, three (small ) lobster tails, octopus, grouper(?), shrimp, HUGE platter, two beers, and a large margarita ~$66.00

Nice & authentic, exactly what I expect when Im in Mexico ! NOT CARLOS AND CHARLIES :wink:

So many good ones. Don't forget El Foco...

I really enjoyed El Capi Navagante and had the combination seafood meal two days in a row. On my return trip I'd like to try a few suggested places way off the beaten path. I must admit I have conflicting emotions, swimming with the fishes by day and eating them at night. I'm giving serious thought to going easy on the seafood and maybe dining more on fajitas. Might make it easier looking at the critters in the eye the next morning.
Rex

:chicken: Now Im hungry! Makes me want to run for the border and NOTthe one at Taco Bell. :D Great diving, Great food, Great people (Non- pod variety of course)... The addiction of Cozumel... I see there are some places I need to check out in July,
Loretta

Ron Brandt:
Also,I'm partial to Pastors so when going out I generally look for the Pastor stand with the most locals.

Los Serras has the best pastors! And that's where my vote for best restaurant would go. Avenida 30 and Calle Morelos.

Here's the problem. Many of us have several favorites. If 10 or 15 of us pick the same restaurant, our second and third favorite may look terrible as far as votes unless someone else picks it as their favorite. This will make few restaurants look good and others look terrible when there are some great ones out there. If a restaurant is really is bad, it won't get many votes. But some of the better ones don't look much better! Here's proof. Look at Especias and La Veranda, two votes each. But after the La Choza's and Cafe Denis's out there get so many first place votes, it leaves you thinking that the two and three vote restaurants are no good. I believe having the availability to pick 5 restaurants on a vote, the best ones will really shine and the bad ones will really look that way. Any way we could take another vote?

Thanks,
Matt

divematt:
Here's the problem. Many of us have several favorites. If 10 or 15 of us pick the same restaurant, our second and third favorite may look terrible as far as votes unless someone else picks it as their favorite. This will make few restaurants look good and others look terrible when there are some great ones out there. If a restaurant is really is bad, it won't get many votes. But some of the better ones don't look much better! Here's proof. Look at Especias and La Veranda, two votes each. But after the La Choza's and Cafe Denis's out there get so many first place votes, it leaves you thinking that the two and three vote restaurants are no good. I believe having the availability to pick 5 restaurants on a vote, the best ones will really shine and the bad ones will really look that way. Any way we could take another vote?

Thanks,
Matt

It's a multiple choice poll, you can pick as many as you like...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom