Cozumel Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfepman, and Donoo:
Sounds like you two missed the French Quarter. This was a good one.
La Mission and Casa Mission are the the two, you two, are referring to, I think. Big difference in them. Casa Mission is the one that has a exotic birds, monkey, and lions in the back.
My sister just got back yesterday from Coz and Playa. She loved Poncho's and doesn't even like Mexican food.
Oh well, everyone is different.

:sunny:

There are so many people going to Cozumel in November. It seems to be the right time to bring this thread to the top again.
Enjoy!

Hi, Gang!

I looked over this thread and discovered an overlooked restaurant: Guido's. It is on Avenida Rafael Melgar (the main street along the waterfront). Guido's is at the far north of town and has, therefore, eluded the cruise ship folks completely. The food is a variety of Mexican, mariscos (seafood) and Italian. And it is splendid. We "discovered" it about two years ago when our DM invited us to dinner there. WOW!

A second place whose name escapes me now is a coffee shop right around the corner from the Calling Station and Kodak store (both on Av. R. Melgar) : I think it is on Calle 5. What they have is freshly baked pastries and cakes to eat there or to take out. We usually grab a couple for an evening snack or (believe it or not) an in-room breakfast. Their carrot cake goes great with coffee and gives you all the calories you need for that morning two-tanker!

Have fun--we will on Coz next month!

Scorpionfish

I believe that you thinking of the Coffee Bean (Calle 3 Sur at Melgar & 5 Ave). Along these lines, also highly recommended is Rock n' Java on waterfront Melgar just north of 11th.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Doc!

I thought you were going to tell me that another place had closed or changed character in the few months since I had been on Coz! Yep, it's the Coffee Bean, alright. Wonderful treats!

As someone else used to say, "Thanks for the memories!"

Scorpionfish

Best restaurant hands down is LaCocay! Do not miss this place. The chef (Rob) is awesome and the menu beats anything on the island. It is upscale and reservations are good idea unless you are eating early. We eat there as many times as we can afford.

Everyone's got my mouth watering. Haven't been down to Coz since 1990, and now I have a new reason to take the cheap flight (food and diving)!

Thanks for the tips guys!

La Choza... Not impressed. I did enjoy my fajitas.

French Quarter.. Good food. good folks.

I love Prima's

Lobster Cove was great too.

TwoBit

I'm afraid LaChoza has been biten by the cruise bug. When we first discovered it years ago, it was a simple place with excellent food. In recent years the cruisers have found it and the restraunt started catering to the fast track schedule and whatever else the tourists demanded so the quality and ambiance has suffered.

Of course...I don't think of divers as tourists! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom