Cozumel Report 3/15 - 3/20 (big with lots of pics) pt 2.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjames

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Please read part 1 if you haven't, I'm continuing on from it.

So...for my son's first open water dives were at Palancar Garden and Cedral Pass. I was very interested to see Palancar since it has always been such a nice reef. The Gardens while impacted still had much of its reef life intact. Cedral was not as bad as San Fransisco, but still showed signs of heavy surf abuse.

CRW_4261.jpg

CRW_4278.jpg

CRW_4317.jpg

The next day was Chun Chankab and Cedral Wall. Chun Chankab was great. It looked almost untouched. The turtles were out, had a nice little nurse shark and the big schools of grunts and snappers were everywhere. The soft corals and barrel sponges were plentiful and the hard corals looked healthy.

CRW_4338.jpg

My wife and son almost landed on this lobster on our descent. It must know that its in a protected spot.

CRW_4323.jpg

Our final day of diving was at Palancar Bricks and the wreck of the C-53. I thought that Bricks looked a little better than the Gardens. As we were finishing up the dive I spotted a chunk of sponge dangling from the bottom of the reef. When I got closer it looked like a face, knodding in the wind, so I've named him the Old Man of Palancar.

Old%20man%20in%20the%20sea.jpg

CRW_4372.jpg

CRW_4423.jpg

BTW, the last 2 shots are kind of grainy, that is a by product of JAlbum compression, the originals aren't that bad. I'm not sure what to do about that.

The current was ripping on the wreck. Pushing that big camera around was a real drag. To add insult to injury, my strobe cable decided to get flaky on me half way through the dive.

See part 3 for report on the land and overall conclusions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom