Cozumel Palace & Aqua Safari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm planning on going to Cozumel in mid November and staying at Cozumel Palace and diving with their onsite dive shop, Aqua Safari. I've read some older reviews but was wondering if anyone has dove with them recently. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Riley

The diving was awesome in Cozumel. I had such a great time. We didn't use Aqua Safari, so I don't know how they are. However, we did stay at Cozumel Palace. It was our one-year wedding anniversary. The room was excellent with a huge jacuzzi in the room and a hammock on the deck with a great view. The service there was awesome, and we had such a great time there. We can't wait to go back to Cozumel Palace. Aqua Safari is right there on the resort, but the other dive ops can pick you up right off of the pier on the resort if you wanted to try other operations. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Yes, I dive with Aqua Safari. You can choose the fast boat (best for those with non-diving family waiting back at the hotel) or the larger boats that allow for roaming around, sunbathing or shade (personally, I prefer the large boats because they use two DM's, which allows freedom to lazily drift & explore sites in buddy pairs.) November is relatively quiet in Coz and boats shouldn't be crowded except during Thanksgiving week. You didn't say what type of amenities and experience you're looking for, so I don't know what else to say.

Hi,

I'm planning on going to Cozumel in mid November and staying at Cozumel Palace and diving with their onsite dive shop, Aqua Safari. I've read some older reviews but was wondering if anyone has dove with them recently. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Riley

Riley,

We stayed there and dove with Aqua Safari a month ago. We had a great time there, and have no complaints about the resort or Aqua Safari.

Here's a post I made about this topic in another thread

Have a good trip,

Our family stayed at the Palace for two weeks last July and I dove with Aqua Safaris.

The Palace was probably the nicest resort I have ever stayed at - luxurious, great food, excellent friendly service - we'll be back sometime.

Aqua Safari's was a good operator and I wouldn't hesitate in diving with them next time.

You'll have a wonderful vacation! :D

I just made air reservations for Dec 3. I will be going to Cozumel on my way to Belize. Friend who loves the water and snorkeling will meet me in Cozumel. I dive but am a novice. A small group is best for me and Aqua Safari may meet my needs for diving.

Is there off shore snorkeling near Aqua Safari accommodation? If so that would fit both of our needs.

Sandy - I'm not clear about the "Aqua Safari accommodations" part of your question, since Aqua Safari has several hotels on their website and can pick up at lots of other hotels as well. Snorkeling is great at Condumel -- which is within walking distance of Safari Inn, Hotel Mexicana, and Suites Bahia. Two good snorkel & beach clubs within a 15-minute bike ride or inexpensive cab ride north. More good snorkeling to the south but a rental car is recommended for those.

You can jump into the ocean for swimming or shore diving right off Aqua Safari's pier downtown.

I logged 15-dives with Aqua Safari during our most recent trip. This was our first time diving with this dive shop and mostly all good experiences. I had a great time with AS. I was traveling solo as usual and that can stink on some dive trips. Not with AS, with two dive masters on each dive I always had a awesome dive buddy. The conditions were near perfect for a great week in Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom