Cozumel Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mo

New
Reaction score
Has any one heard of Scuba Staff Divers? I found there site surfing around and e-mailed them and got a quick response? This will be my family's first dive after getting certified so I would like to go with an op that is reliable. One that can give us personal attention. Any suggestion would be GREAT !!

Haven't heard of your dive op. I just got back and went with Scuba Du. Zero complaints. They're out of the Intercontinental.

I would suggest reading through the board - that question has been asked a few times. Also, the board at www.scubadiving.com is good.

Scuba Du is good and is conservative. I have read that Living Underwater is "highly" recommended. I'm diving with both at the end of this month. I'll try to remember to make a post. Never heard of your op, sorry.

Just got back from Cozumel a few days ago. I used Dive House out of Fiesta Americana. Only drawback is they limit you to 80ft, but I think all the operators do, unless it's to Punta Sur. Overall they were good, they keep the boats from overcrowding.

Hi FLdiver,

Dive House may have had good reasons to restrict your boat to 80', but I can assure you that this most decidedly is not the general policy of the vast majority of the ops on Cozumel. In fact, it is not the policy of Dive House's experienced diver's program with their 6-pack boats catering to qualified divers.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hi scuba_mo,

There are currently 70+ dive ops on Coz, so selecting one can be confusing.

There are a number, however, with a reputation for the gentle treatment of newbies. One of these is Papa Hog's http://www.papahogs.com/. Ask for Margaret, AKA Mama Hog. Just across the street is their Hog Town Cafe, which serves excellent casual fare at reasonable prices. Also some decent accommodations in the neighborhood. It's a bit south of town.

Cher4Scuba has mentioned "Living Underwater" http://www.living-underwater.com/. I have known Oracio for many years, and in fact helped launch this op. While I believe that it will soon be the premier shop on the island, it is much sought out by experienced divers as they offer steel 95s & 120s, and AL 100s, useful for long and or deep dives. Sometimes a mix of advanced & very fresh divers can be strained. If you decide to go with them, let me know & I'll personally introduce you.

You're gonna love Coz.

DocVikingo

Had some friends that went with Staff Divers and had a great time. So I put together a group of five and had a bad time. Some win, some loose.

adios don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom