Cozumel - March 15th-21th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm going to be in Cozumel for 6 nights starting March 15th until the 21st. Anyone else going to be down there and want to meet up? Any suggestions for Diving Ops? I'm going to be staying at Days Inn (really crappy hotel, I know) which is supposedly about 4 blocks away from the beach. Sadly, I booked this trip a little last minute and most places were sold out because of the springbreak rush. I'm just looking for any suggestions. I've got about 25 dives under my belt from various places. I've dove Cancun and Playa Del Carmen before, they were fun. I've never actually dove with any Cozumel dive ops. I'm basically looking for something decent priced since i'm on a budget. Unfortunately, I also need to rent a full set of equipment. After this dive trip, I intend on purchasing my own gear, I just want to test a few more things out. I looked at DeepBlue, they seem fair. Any one else care to suggestion their favorite dive ops? I've slowly been reading the Cozumel forum, just looking for anyone else with recent dive time down there.

Thanks,
macado
macado@macado.org

Check out Dive Paradise and Caribbean Divers. My dive buddies have been using them for years with no complaints. Cushdiver will be there the same time your going

An SB group is going to be down there 17-21 (some 17-24), staying at Caribe Blu, diving with Blue XT Sea. I think Blue XT Sea is full, though you never know, so perhaps you could give Christi a calll. In any case, we can definitely meet for dinner and such.

macado:
I'm going to be in Cozumel for 6 nights starting March 15th until the 21st. Anyone else going to be down there and want to meet up? Any suggestions for Diving Ops? I'm going to be staying at Days Inn (really crappy hotel, I know) which is supposedly about 4 blocks away from the beach. Sadly, I booked this trip a little last minute and most places were sold out because of the springbreak rush. I'm just looking for any suggestions. I've got about 25 dives under my belt from various places. I've dove Cancun and Playa Del Carmen before, they were fun. I've never actually dove with any Cozumel dive ops. I'm basically looking for something decent priced since i'm on a budget. Unfortunately, I also need to rent a full set of equipment. After this dive trip, I intend on purchasing my own gear, I just want to test a few more things out. I looked at DeepBlue, they seem fair. Any one else care to suggestion their favorite dive ops? I've slowly been reading the Cozumel forum, just looking for anyone else with recent dive time down there.

Thanks,
macado
macado@macado.org

Yep,as usual I suggest Troy's Pelagic Ventures.
I was on a boat last week where one of the divers had only 12 dives...no prob(I have over 1000). you pick the dives. Great peope.

The web address is on my sig.
Please tell them I sent you as they are pretty much referral only.(have a great time !)

Ron Brandt

macado:

Thanks,
macado
macado@macado.org

Been going to Coz for a long time now. Been diving with Caribbean Divers for several years now. Cesar and Ruben are great. Contact them at Cdivers@prodigy.net.mx.They have all the equipment you'll need to rent, just let them know ahead of time. I'm certain you'll enjoy your diving with them. Diving in Coz is MUCH different than in Playa or Cancun. Be ready to be amazed.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check these places out. Also, does anybody know of any decent cheap places to eat?

-macado

There are several taco stands (sit down restaurants) on 65th and 30th. Our house back on 70th. Four of us ate 5 tacos apiece and two cokes each and it totaled $15 in November.

These are the places where the residents actually eat.

Jim

macado:

Thanks,
macado
macado@macado.org

Try Dive With Martin. We have used them several times and they are great. Small fast boats. Also, they furnish free rental gear if you need it, just make sure you let them know you need it when you book. Last time we were there in November they had gotten some new gear and it looked pretty decent. Here is the link for their website....http://www.divewithmartin.com/
You can send them an email @ dwm@prodigy.net.mx

If Christi is booked then go with Dive with Martin. Small, fast boats and great service.
We had a house on 40th and agree with the back street restraunts. Also spend a night at Tony Rome's and a breakfast at Jeannies Waffle house on the beach.
Dont eat at the sidewalk vendors at all. Not a good thing, ask my son :)
Do go to Carlos and Charlies at least once, if not to eat, then to party :) Say hi to a young man who works there name of Christian, tell him Shawna's Dad sent you, should shock him pretty good :)
Mr. Sancho's is a good beach club and the parasailing was a blast.
Try them all to see which you like best, most are free but at least buy one drink or some food to help them, its the way they stay in business.
Enjoy and have a safe trip.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom