Cozumel in January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port is closed due to wind. Weather: Air: 68f. Water: 80.4f. Wind: N @ 21kts gusting to 25kts. Seas: Inside the reef: 2-5 ft. Outside the reef: 6-8ft.
6 hours ago · Comment · Like

This is on the Facebook page Cozumel Diving. Right now I am very angry at Al Gore. He promised me global warming. I want my money back. Oh wait, I didn't give him any. Anyway, let's get this weather thing fixed people. I am expecting a congressional investigation and perhaps a $30,000,000,000 government bailout. I don't care what has to be done, burn some fossil fuels, sacrifice a virgin or whatever, let's get this weather thing fixed. :biggun:

Unfortunately for those of you leaving the cold and the snow...bring a sweater along. It is quite cold with a strong wind and the water is considerably warmer...assuming you can dive in. The port was closed today and I am not sure that anyone went out...even the larger boats. Hopefully better tomorrow.

This is on the Facebook page Cozumel Diving. Right now I am very angry at Al Gore. He promised me global warming. I want my money back. Oh wait, I didn't give him any. Anyway, let's get this weather thing fixed people. I am expecting a congressional investigation and perhaps a $30,000,000,000 government bailout. I don't care what has to be done, burn some fossil fuels, sacrifice a virgin or whatever, let's get this weather thing fixed. :biggun:

s'alright. Playa +cenotes was a great alternative.

Unfortunately for those of you leaving the cold and the snow...bring a sweater along. It is quite cold with a strong wind and the water is considerably warmer...assuming you can dive in. The port was closed today and I am not sure that anyone went out...even the larger boats. Hopefully better tomorrow.

I'm at the Iberostar now and went into town today to pick up a windbreaker. Got some dives in Monday and hoping the weather fares better today (Wednesday). Indeed, weather these past few days has been on the chilly side but nowhere near the -4 F reported for home, Chicago, today.

11:20am local time - posting from the Blue Angel lobby.

wind has dropped, seas are calming, port appears to be open, happy hour is on.

Anyone at BA feel free to drop by #104 - we're here for two more weeks...

Daz (&Judi)

11:20am local time - posting from the Blue Angel lobby.

wind has dropped, seas are calming, port appears to be open, happy hour is on.

Anyone at BA feel free to drop by #104 - we're here for two more weeks...

Daz (&Judi)

Thanks for the up to the minute report. I was beginning to worry. We'll be there Saturday afternoon.

Harry & Kim

ah...only 17 more days to go....Landing in Coz at 2pm local....can't wait.

Thanks for the updates on conditions. It's still 17 more days for me. I'm hoping that the weather will straighten up a little by then.

Back
Top Bottom