Cozumel in December !!! First Time have questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife just booked us for a trip to Cozumael in december at a resort called Occidental Grand Cozumel for 7 full days. Has anyone stayed there heard it was built in 2002, never been to Cozumel anyone have any info that will be helpful to me on the trip please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

-SS

As GGUNN said in the other forum: "You'll get a lot more response if you post your questions to Home=>Travel/Locations=>Mexico..."

Better yet, use the SEARCH box at the top of the page to run first on the resort, then on the dive operator. You'll gets hours of reading.

:nono: Finally, I was told to not post the same posting in two different forums.

:sombrero: But have a great time. D-Don

dandydon once bubbled...
As GGUNN said in the other forum: "You'll get a lot more response if you post your questions to Home=>Travel/Locations=>Mexico..."

Better yet, use the SEARCH box at the top of the page to run first on the resort, then on the dive operator. You'll gets hours of reading.

:nono: Finally, I was told to not post the same posting in two different forums.

:sombrero: But have a great time. D-Don

Don,

The first post was a mistake but SINCE I don't have the ability to delete it what am I suppose to do !!!

But thanks for the advise.

-SS

No worries...

A moderator will move the post for you.. Once it's in the Mexico section you should get plenty of info.

As far as the Occidental Grand goes, I have not stayed there & only have general info, such as kids club, # of rooms, bars, pools etc... So I don't think I'd be much help.

You can get a lot that way. I've had my challengs, though:
(1) I searched for "tired" and "exhausted" but missed "fatigue."
(2) When I search for "Reef Club," I got everything with either word. Hah!
(3) I'm trying "water treatment" next. Hope I don't break the Search Engine.
And then tere's my SPELLING?!

I stayed at Allegro the time I've been there; nice, but a little too sterile for me. We dived with Palancar, which I guess is the house operator for more than one. Good operation, nice boats, good DMs, etc. Ishmel was very helpful with my buddy, who was doing her first ocean dives. She even hired him as a private DM when he wasn't on duty, and we tipped him well.

I'm going to Reef Club in November. Anything I can look for while I'm there...?

:cheers: Don

Never stayed there, but me and my buddies will be at the Plaza Las Glorias Dec 2-9, When will you be there in Dec?

Subsonic, You will thank your wife! The place is fantastic. True 4 star with great food and drink, with service above reproach. it is brand new. Dive palancar has a dive shop with gear storage on site, right next to the lunch restaurant. The only thing I did not leave with them was my computer. Dive palancars main operation is 500 yds down the beach at the Allegro but they pick you up on the beach in front of the Grand. Multiple trips available each day, a ten dive package is about 300usd and nitrox is only 6 usd per tank. They have showers and a clean rinse tank at the shop for after dives. Great top shelf tequila is "Under the Bar" for those savvy enough to ask. I won a 7 day trip from Rodales and went in May. One of the best trips ever. We will be back as soon as we can beg, borrow, or steal the means.

Back
Top Bottom