Cozumel Hurricane Update from Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yaminom:
Dave -

Do you know how Bill La Rosa is doing? I know Nancy Edwards was in the U.S., but haven't heard from Bill.

- Allen

Welcome to Scubaboard. Any friend of Bill's has friends here.

I will try to get answers to all the questions asap. As for Bill La Rosa and all the Aldora Staff they and their fdamilies are doing well. No injuries or deaths thank God. Any who have a problem with their homes are now staying at the Villa Aldora where we have a generator and a pretty good stock of food. They are also helping to clean up each others houses and the Villa.

I have seen a posting from Michaela and Roberto that says they are alive and well. We have seen their boat and it appears to be one of the few in Caletta to be unhurt. In addition, Christi's boat seems to be intact as well.

I still don't have a lot of information since there is just too much to address but I will be posting updates several times a day.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

sacramentobob:
Thanks for posting the information. Do you know the extent of damage to El Cantil Condos across from Chedraui market. Also what kind of shape is the Coral Princess in?

There's a thread on the D2D board at www.scubadiving.com (click on community and go to the Diver to Diver message board) by d_daviddiver (I think) who owns a condo at El Cantil...he had some information about the condition of the condos there. Sorry I couldn't link you directly to that thread...I'm a little...er...challenged on that.

Hi, thank you for your update.
Our prayers with you guys.
Can you please write a few words about Fiesta Americana? I'm going there in four week and don't know if they will be open.
Wish you the best, buddy.

Can you please tell situation with Fiesta Americana? How extensive is the damage?
Thanks

Thanks Dave I knew there would be more questions after I posted your update. Glad you are hear to answer them, Still planning on our trip Nov 17th if we can get in. Kathy

MikeM_scuba:
Can you please tell situation with Fiesta Americana? How extensive is the damage?
Thanks

I read that the Fiesta Americana plans to open the 2nd week in November and that the physical building held like a fortress and provided shelter for several guests in the storm. The property beyond the road including the restaurant, I think, was washed away. Dzul-Ha was destroyed. I cannot remember the exact source, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom