Cozumel Hurricane Update from Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you provide any information as to how the Villas along the old road to Chankanaab faired? Of particular interest is Villa Torres. My wife and I have been coming to Cozumel for nearly 30 years now and talked a group of old friends into joining us for that "trip of a lifetime" few seem to get around to taking. We'll make it happen no matter what, but Villa Torres was perfect - we hope it still is or soon will be. Thank you and our prayers are with you, Paul pmcw@earthlink.net

Ber Rabbit:
Haven't seen anything about the Reef Club here, any word? A friend is supposed to go in November and I can't seem to find any info in my surfing.
Thank you!
Ber :lilbunny:
This was all I could find. No re-opening dates, or official documentation. This is a quote from the Aldora observations:
"Reef Club had lots of windows broken, pier and everything else near the beach is gone."

I am thinking that they didnt do too good since that area got hit harden than downtown and north of town. I dont think anyone has been able to go down that far because of the road conditions. Kathy

It was quite a trip to put it mildly. There were 14 club members on the island during the hurricane. Hurricane Wilma was a humbling experience and it certainly makes one
appreciate what we in the US take for granted in our everyday lives.
Food, shelter, power, water, communication, etc. My highest
compliments go out to the staff and management at the Hotel Cozumel for
bringing us through it safely.

I've posted a few of my pictures at:

http://www.northwestdiver.com/forums/showthread.php?p=56477#post56477

JD Rowe, President, Boeing Sea Horse Dive Club

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom