Cozumel = "hell on earth?!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's mostly correct, but there is a little oasis in the middle of Texas called Austin that is very different from the rest of the state. ;^)

You mean WEIRD, not "different" :wink:

Don't suppose that band of yours ever plays any old Bobby Bare tunes like: "Lost in Austin, juiced in Houston...". Used to know that song by heart. Kind of a Texas Travelogue.

Yeah, but you have to remember that most Texans actually like TEXAS too. Texas is just a huge expanse of nothing that you have to cross heading west to get to the mountains and the "real" ocean. :D

That's mostly correct, but there is a little oasis in the middle of Texas called Austin that is very different from the rest of the state. ;^)

AMEN that!!

Don't suppose that band of yours ever plays any old Bobby Bare tunes like: "Lost in Austin, juiced in Houston...". Used to know that song by heart. Kind of a Texas Travelogue.

No, we play mostly originals, and what covers we do tend to be obscure and virtually unrecognizable when we get done with them.

I'm completely surprised about someone hating Cozumel! I'm with you, I think Cozumel is wonderful. Maybe some people are just difficult to please?? Maybe they see the ocean as half empty?

I'm completely surprised about someone hating Cozumel! I'm with you, I think Cozumel is wonderful. Maybe some people are just difficult to please?? Maybe they see the ocean as half empty?
I dont hate cozumel, I might even be willing to go back. However crowded mountains isnt really "my thing", I have plenty of them on dry land here. Sure the corals was big in cozumel, but I saw much more sealife in cancun and the cenotes is just beyond words. If I was to skip one of the three, itd definetly be coz..

Now for my two cents:
Amo Cozumel ! ! !

I started going to the island years before I was ever a diver. I just love the island, the people, the restaurants, the food and everything else.

The diving is just the exclamation point ( I think I just stole this phrase from a previous post ). I make at least one trip and usually two trips to Coz every year. During the economically lean years, I will mortgage the house or pawn the car, if I have to, to pay for a trip to Coz.

Don't talk bad about my island of Coz! I will come to her aide!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom