Cozumel - dive shop recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m heading off to Cozumel mid March for 10 days, any recommendations for a good dive shop offering packages for multiple dives? Also in terms of water temperature, I feel the cold so am thinking a 5mm.
I was on the island last week. A nasty norte moved in which closed the ports for two days. The water temps were chilly. One day my dive computer read the water temp at 75. My husband's read 76. As the week progressed, the water temp read 78. I would definitely wear a 5 mm.

I was on the island last week. A nasty norte moved in which closed the ports for two days. The water temps were chilly. One day my dive computer read the water temp at 75. My husband's read 76. As the week progressed, the water temp read 78. I would definitely wear a 5 mm.
Thank you, that's what I was thinking, my problem being I can't find a 5mm which fits ( 4ft11" size 6)

Thank you, that's what I was thinking, my problem being I can't find a 5mm which fits ( 4ft11" size 6)

Check this one on Leisure Pro. Click the "6S" and then "Default" color. Looks like they have them in stock. Henderson makes good suits (we have them). Check the size chart too. Looks like this one may fit. If you try it on and it doesn't fit you can always return it and try other sizes/other brands. For what dive trips cost, ya don't want to be chilled... Nothing worse.

Annotation 2022-02-24 114652.jpg

Got a 3 mil full suit? Get a 3 mil shorty to wear over it and a neoprene beanie.

Check this one on Leisure Pro. Click the "6S" and then "Default" color. Looks like they have them in stock. Henderson makes good suits (we have them). Check the size chart too. Looks like this one may fit. If you try it on and it doesn't fit you can always return it and try other sizes/other brands. For what dive trips cost, ya don't want to be chilled... Nothing worse.

View attachment 708875
Thank you! This looks absolutely spot on- but I'm in the UK and its not on Amazon. Also US sizing means I need an * short - but this is definitely the only suit I've seen that could be right for me height wise.

Thank you! This looks absolutely spot on- but I'm in the UK and its not on Amazon. Also US sizing means I need an * short - but this is definitely the only suit I've seen that could be right for me height wise.

Leisure Pro ships international via UPS Worldwide Express. Not sure what shipping to the UK would cost though. At least it's an option.

Leisure Pro ships international via UPS Worldwide Express. Not sure what shipping to the UK would cost though. At least it's an option.
I just called them from London as spoke to someone in NY - seems they ship to every country other than England. I could risk having it shipped direct to Cozumel- I'm just reading that they come up large and now I'm unsure about how true to their size guide they are. They only have the Greenprene in 8 short

I just called them from London as spoke to someone in NY - seems they ship to every country other than England. I could risk having it shipped direct to Cozumel- I'm just reading that they come up large and now I'm unsure about how true to their size guide they are. They only have the Greenprene in 8 short
If you're a 6 short and they only have an 8 short skip it. Better to be too tight than too lose as they all loosen up under pressure at depth. Henderson does have a European website. Try this one but it looks like they have no 6S in stock...

Henderson wetsuits

If you are concerned about being cold in wet weather or during a surface interval,Aldora provides warm parkas as a free amenity for all their divers.

Here are a couple of ideas. I dive with a 7 mm wetsuit (plus hooded vest) these days here in Cozumel. It takes 10 lbs for me to get down diving with LP steel tanks AND a steel backplate. But at least I'm not freezing. In the past, I have taken a 7 mm farmer jane and worn in over top of a 3 (or 5 mm) full suit. That will at least keep your core warm without making you feel like the Michelan man...and your height becomes irrelevent. I'm not very tall either... The dive op I use (not Aldora) also offers warm boat parkas. But that doesn't do you much good underwater if you get chilled on long dives.

Back
Top Bottom