Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does not sound like the locals are taking threats seriously, just enough show to look cooperative. I never thought I'd make 500 dives logged as my trips have subsided some, and now that I am one trip away from making that target, I was really trying to make this work. I also have no reason to believe that I'd survive an infection and now within 30 days of departure, I'm becoming more discouraged. Nearby state parks are partially opened altho far from the same thing, but I am considering taking the safer options.
I’m going in August, I think you should too unless they close the country down which I doubt....There are so many fellow SB that just left and that are on site now I think with the proper individual care, you’ll be just DANDY :)

It does not sound like the locals are taking threats seriously, just enough show to look cooperative. I never thought I'd make 500 dives logged as my trips have subsided some, and now that I am one trip away from making that target, I was really trying to make this work. I also have no reason to believe that I'd survive an infection and now within 30 days of departure, I'm becoming more discouraged. Nearby state parks are partially opened and altho far from the same thing, but I am considering taking the safer options.
I believe you are right about "just enough to look cooperative". The penalties were pretty tough for not wearing masks so people wore them, but not through any sense of need to wear them.

Just a couple of examples, I saw workers were eating together at normal tables with no social distancing and I saw groups like the drivers sitting around talking without masks.

I live in Indy - masks required. Just have to change "workers" and "drivers" in your statement to GOLFERS and the same thing is true of the golf course I play in a league at with most of the 60+ golfers. It's like old men don't care. Same thing is happening everywhere with all sorts of people.

I don't get it! I get in and pay, mask on. Once outside, I take mask off but can stay 6 ft. away from everyone as I get a cart by myself. Others ride together with no masks. I DON'T GET IT!

I live in Indy - masks required. Just have to change "workers" and "drivers" in your statement to GOLFERS and the same thing is true of the golf course I play in a league at with most of the 60+ golfers. It's like old men don't care. Same thing is happening everywhere with all sorts of people.

I don't get it! I get in and pay, mask on. Once outside, I take mask off but can stay 6 ft. away from everyone as I get a cart by myself. Others ride together with no masks. I DON'T GET IT!
My club will not allow two in a cart! You can ride solo, or walk...and no touching the flag..ball washers removed...establishment must make it work...

I’m going in August, I think you should too unless they close the country down which I doubt....There are so many fellow SB that just left and that are on site now I think with the proper individual care, you’ll be just DANDY :)
What about having to quarantine when back in the US? I'm from NYC and worried they might add Mexico.

What about having to quarantine when back in the US? I'm from NYC and worried they might add Mexico.
I'm working from home anyways, so I'm fine with that, but I doubt that will come to happen.

I'll just do my quarantine in Mexico!
And then I'll do my quarantine from my quarantine in Mexico!
And then I'll do my quarantine from my quarantine from my quarantine in Mexico!
Hold my margarita and watch this.....

My club will not allow two in a cart! You can ride solo, or walk...and no touching the flag..ball washers removed...establishment must make it work...

Which club? I play a lot. Most clubs have now changed in NJ and make you pay a premium for single carts. I now use a push cart to avoid all this nonsense.

Get here in August, at the rate we are going with no changes, we will be closed by mid September

Our local golf course never slowed down from pre-season in March til now, and I've never seen a mask on the two people in every cart! We haven't hit the links this year so I honestly don't know what folks are being told in the clubhouse - just know what I'm seeing. Parking lot is jammed if we're not in the middle of a thunderstorm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom