Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can remember when there was only one traffic light. It was at Ave. 30 and Benito Juarez, wasn't it? The Pemex station there was the only gas station, too.

From the 10-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,076  ->  1,083
     Social Isolation             180  ->    182
     Hospitalized                 171  ->    174
     Recovered                    537  ->    540
     Deaths                       183  ->    185
Q Roo Tests pen                   135  ->    155

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               22   ->    22
     Recovered                     13   ->    13
     Deaths                         7   ->     7
Data from SESA Quintana Roo on Twitter
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

From the 11-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,083  ->  1,128
     Social Isolation             182  ->    196
     Hospitalized                 174  ->    189
     Recovered                    540  ->    544
     Deaths                       185  ->    189
Q Roo Tests pen                   155  ->    120

Cozumel
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

Twelve days without a new, officially recorded case in Cozumel, so the Municipal President is relaxing the curfew to 7pm - 5am (was 5pm - 5am). I still suspect there was at least some interest in keeping the 5pm time to minimize Mothers' Day gatherings.

The national Deputy Secretary for Health has announced that Quintana Roo has entered the "stabilization/decline" phase, the only state so far to reach that point. No further word from the Municipal President or the QRoo governor as to how/when this might translate to changes in restrictions.

From the 11-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,083  ->  1,128
     Social Isolation             182  ->    196
     Hospitalized                 174  ->    189
     Recovered                    540  ->    544
     Deaths                       185  ->    189
Q Roo Tests pen                   155  ->    120

Cozumel

Twelve days without a new, officially recorded case in Cozumel, so the Municipal President is relaxing the curfew to 7pm - 5am (was 5pm - 5am). I still suspect there was at least some interest in keeping the 5pm time to minimize Mothers' Day gatherings.

The national Deputy Secretary for Health has announced that Quintana Roo has entered the "stabilization/decline" phase, the only state so far to reach that point. No further word from the Municipal President or the QRoo governor as to how/when this might translate to changes in restrictions.
Interesting what passes for stabilization/decline.

Interesting what passes for stabilization/decline.
This gets into the whole Mexican statistical modeling of the pandemic progress, which is a can of worms I don't want to get into. I just hope they're right.

This gets into the whole Mexican statistical modeling of the pandemic progress, which is a can of worms I don't want to get into. I just hope they're right.
I earnestly hope they are right, but they aren't.

Let's see - Statewide highest number of active cases to date; Playa increasing in active cases everyday, also highest to date; Cancun has third highest cases to date. In 20 days, we're gonna sweep this under the rug and open the floodgates!!!!

I was a huge fan of this total shutdown - it worked here in Cozumel so let us go back to our lives!

upload_2020-5-11_19-7-17.png

upload_2020-5-11_19-7-37.png

From the 12-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,128  ->  1,150
     Social Isolation             196  ->    177
     Hospitalized                 189  ->    172
     Recovered                    544  ->    584
     Deaths                       189  ->    211
Q Roo Tests pending               120  ->    163

Cozumel

Cruise ships return to Cozumel tomorrow! Well, OK, it's ONE ship, the Disney Fantasy, and it's only stopping to repatriate a number of crew who are Mexican citizens. They've been effectively quaratined on the ship for some time, so there is very little risk of any COVID transmission. Nice of Disney Cruise Lines to do this; there have been many reported hassles with disembarking non-US citizen crew members at US ports. We're wondering if they will play the first bars of "When You Wish Upon a Star" on the ship's horn as they usually do when arriving and departing. (Yes, as matter of fact, I am weird; thank you for asking!)

My neighbor is the harbor pilot, I'll see if I can get an arrival time so that maybe we can make some essential errands down in that area....

From the 12-May noon update:
Code:
Cozumel
Do these numbers mean to show that there are only 2 people sick with COVID-19 on the island?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom