Cozumel April 2 - 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpankyGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok , I never been to Coz so I know this will be a great trip for me. I am going with the scuba shop.. My girlfriend has been there before. But while we are there I want to find an great place to eat and Dance. I got a list of places from the board of tourism, but I figured word of mouth would be better. Also does anyone know if it will worth the time to take the ferry over to Cancun to do some Cenote dives. We want to do this out side of the dive group we are going with.

SpankyGirl:
Ok , I never been to Coz so I know this will be a great trip for me. I am going with the scuba shop.. My girlfriend has been there before. But while we are there I want to find an great place to eat and Dance. I got a list of places from the board of tourism, but I figured word of mouth would be better. Also does anyone know if it will worth the time to take the ferry over to Cancun to do some Cenote dives. We want to do this out side of the dive group we are going with.
I went down last year and stayed at the Coral Princess. All the dives were excellent. Had a video made of one of the dives. They have free lancers that will do that. Having some drinks at our bar, I met a lot of people who were staying in Cancun who came over to Coz to dive. They said there weren't any places over there that were as good as most of the Coz sites. They may have been unedudcated about all the options, but I kind of wrote off diving in Cancun after that.
Ate at Pepe's Grill the first night. Excellent, right in town and I was shocked at how much you got for the price. Tried a couple little hole in the wall restaurants in town and they were all good. Each is unique. Senor Frogs was loud and hopping every time we went by. Take an afternoon to go over to the other side of the island. It's pretty desolate but has a neat little bar about half way down. Damned if I can remember the name of it but I got soused there and it's a cool place.
Diving alone makes it worth it and it's pretty inexpensive there.

LVDiver:
I went down last year and stayed at the Coral Princess. All the dives were excellent. Had a video made of one of the dives. They have free lancers that will do that. Having some drinks at our bar, I met a lot of people who were staying in Cancun who came over to Coz to dive. They said there weren't any places over there that were as good as most of the Coz sites. They may have been unedudcated about all the options, but I kind of wrote off diving in Cancun after that.
Ate at Pepe's Grill the first night. Excellent, right in town and I was shocked at how much you got for the price. Tried a couple little hole in the wall restaurants in town and they were all good. Each is unique. Senor Frogs was loud and hopping every time we went by. Take an afternoon to go over to the other side of the island. It's pretty desolate but has a neat little bar about half way down. Damned if I can remember the name of it but I got soused there and it's a cool place.
Diving alone makes it worth it and it's pretty inexpensive there.

I am sure I will have a few nights like that.. Thank you for the reviews. Looks like I will stay with the group.. except for a few nights to travel around and see who has the best tequilla. Now all I need is a cabana boy to wait on us.. Hey a women can dream.. :monkeydan

SpankyGirl:
I am sure I will have a few nights like that.. Thank you for the reviews. Looks like I will stay with the group.. except for a few nights to travel around and see who has the best tequilla. Now all I need is a cabana boy to wait on us.. Hey a women can dream.. :monkeydan

Never mind... I just saw that you are going with a dive shop! my advice still holds, though!

SpankyGirl (love the nick, hope the story to go with it is just as good), I am not sure how you are going but I have the following reccomedation on Coz ...

1. Rent a villa/condo. Even if there are only two people you can get a 1 or two bedroom for fairly cheap. This will let you experience Coz in a very different and much better way. Plus, you can cook your own breakfast etc if you want to. Don't worry about a rental car since cabs are everywhere and easy to get.

2. I dove with a small op called Buena Ventura diving. The owner is Ventura Nah and he has a six person boat and he is fantastic! He will find ALL the stuff you want to see, let you dive your own profile, and generally be a great guy. His wife is American and they are a great couple. Ask them about the seafood restaurant they took us to for lunch in the middle of the residential section which had THE BEST ceviche I have ever had.

This is not for everyone, but if you want to stay away from the "pod people", see the real Coz and stay away from Cattle boats, I would really reccomend this route. Either way, hope you enjoy your trip.

DCDivenut:
Never mind... I just saw that you are going with a dive shop! my advice still holds, though!

Yes there is a story behind the nickname.. it is a good one too. :D

I am going with scuba network out of NJ , that is were I am an AI too. Rick the owner use to be a DM in Coz for one of the dive shops, So I am sure we will be able to get in some good dives. Also on the condo thing.. A friend of ours just bought a condo there so next year it will be in full use. My girlfriend and I plan to do some exploring with out the group. God knows what kind of trouble we will get ourselves into.. However thank you for everything.

Spanky, Where is your dive shop staying while down there? My wife and I are at Caribe Blu and diving with Blue Angel the 1 - 8th of April.

Daxter:
Spanky, Where is your dive shop staying while down there? My wife and I are at Caribe Blu and diving with Blue Angel the 1 - 8th of April.

I am going with Scuba Network , we are staying at The Hotel Flamingo ... If you want I am sure Ronnie and I would love to meet up for a drink or something we love meeting new divers.. I know we are not Diving on the 2nd.. We should be in Coz around 3 then we are going to have a few Rita's and walk around..

Sounds good, never found a drink I didnt like or at least one I remember that I didnt like. We'll have to see how many other SBers will be there that week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom