Cozumel - anyone familiar with Babieca Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

motorref

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are heading to Coz - me, wife, daughter and her BF, and I see that the El Cid has a dive shop on site, called Babieca Dive Center (Babieca Dive Center - Home Page ) : has anyone had any experience with them?
Looking at their website I'm guessing that they are fairly new, and I like the fact that they are located on the resort; on the other hand, it looks like because they are on the resort their prices are somewhat higher.
Any feedback / ideas are welcome!

Thx!
KevinL

If you use the Search box at the top of this forum for the word Babieca, you will find a large number of threads where they have been mentioned. It can be convenient using the Op at the hotel, but their prices are high because the hotel gets a cut.

Trip Advisor has reviews dating back to 2013 for this OP, most are excellent and very good. I use Dive With Martin a lot, their dive shop is at the international pier and would pick you up at El Cid if they're allowed.

We have an El Cid membership and have dove with Babieca many time (80 - 100 dives?) I think they are a decent Dive Op. I really like Luis as a dive master, he basically is the guy who taught me how to dive. He is very safety conscience, at first he may seem a bit introverted and not so friendly but as you get to know him he is a great guy. The manager Carlos is a great outgoing guy and will do his best to make your experience positive. Their boat is a little dated but is pretty fast and usually only have 4-5 divers on it. I dive with a different Dive Op now and when I see the Babieca gang I almost want to hide from them b/c I'm diving with another dive op. Luis did spot me when we were on a surface interval and we chatted like old friends and didn't even ask why I was on another boat.

Back
Top Bottom