Cozumel Airport and Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not get that he was blaming the coz airport so much as asking if there was a problem he should be aware of. Seemed like an innocent question really.

That being said we had luggage issues last week as well. It was def the airlines fault. Was funny that they could not locate 7 bags but they were there the whole time. The reason I think its funny is that the airport is so small scale 7 bags should stand out when no flights are in.

Well, I actually didn't say he was blaming anyone....it was more of a question of whether he had considered the airlines or connecting airports first? I wasn't jumping on him at all.

Well, two years ago we had 4 bags go to Cozumel on a Continental plane out of Houston that we weren't booked on (which Continental SWORE the bags couldn't have gone without us being on the actual flight)- we were on standby from an earlier cancelled flight - but when we finally got there the next day, all 4 suitcases were locked up in a glass office and none of the 4 had been touched. Other than that, we've never had a problem. And that was an airline issue - not the Cozumel airport's.

We had a real issue flying down with American Airlines this time. The agents in Miami were horrible. We did not deal with a helpful or friendly person till getting to the coz airport.

It is so much nicer in the coz airport then most of the ones I have gone through in the US.

We had a real issue flying down with American Airlines this time. The agents in Miami were horrible. We did not deal with a helpful or friendly person till getting to the coz airport.

It is so much nicer in the coz airport then most of the ones I have gone through in the US.

After flying through Miami this past May on American...I will AT ALL COSTS avoid American Airlines AND Miami airport. I was appalled across the board with the attitude and lack of professionalism from the flight attendants to the gate agents to the ticketing agents and the baggage handlers.

Of our group of 20, everyone who connected in Miami on American (about 14 of us) for our final destination had baggage problems, unexpected and unexplained delays (causing us to miss connections), and just rude American Airlines employees to deal with. Not just on the way down, but on the way back too!

On my flight from Houston to Miami (ON American Airlines), I had the "pleasure" of sitting next to an AA Flight attendant commuting to work (his base was in Miami and he lives in Houston) who complained for two hours about how much he hated his job.

On the way back, I witnessed a screaming match between two flight attendants over beverage service and then, listened to one of them bad mouth the other to some of the passengers, including me. I honestly couldn't believe it and I told her I really didn't need to hear about her problems with her co-workers.

The lost and torn up literally) bags were another issue. All in all, flying American was a nightmare for all of us on that trip and left such a sour taste in my mouth, I won't ever fly them again unless I have no other choice.

Oh, I also wrote a letter to American Airlines (as the trip leader) regarding all of the problems we had, detailing the issues and backing them up with evidence and documentation....and I have yet to receive a reply from them...that was in May!

I have had problems with every airline. Zero customer service and just plain NO respect for the customer. Wish I had other options but getting my own plane is not in the cards. As for bags I just got a new one last year and it was really well made. I have no idea what happend but they ripped it up and gave me sh__ about replacing it. After getiing some one that had half a brain I got a check for my bag to have it replaced. The next trip it got beat up again. Now I have the same policy as the airlines. I don't care!!!

Christi it looks like it was American Airlines this time . I just dont know at what end . COZ or Miami gb

Christi it looks like it was American Airlines this time . I just dont know at what end . COZ or Miami gb

I would venture to say Miami if it didn't arrive in Cozumel. That means it didn't get loaded or got put on the wrong plane in Miami.

I've been told before to avoid Miami. It was said that there is (or was) a big problem with baggage handlers there, lots of things going missing from checked luggage. Of course it could happen anywhere, and in the end I usually end up booking whatever airline, route, and price works best for me. But I'm always glad to avoid booking through Miami if I can help it. I have to say that when I arrived back home (Detroit) from a trip last year, I was really uneasy when it took more than a half hour for the luggage to begin showing up on the carousel.... made me wonder if the baggage handlers were busy going through the suitcases to see what they could get! But all was ok.... maybe they were on a break, who knows?

NEVIS yes i did about 24 hrs later not to bad this time just some STRESS

CHRISTY this was going home coz miami newark
never got the bag in miami for customs

gb

Back
Top Bottom