Cozumel after being gone for 12 years WOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrangler

Reaction score
Ok New to group old to diving be kind eh!
Looking to dive in October 2004 Need a place where the wife can turn brown while I become a huge wrinkle its easy when your 50 !
I heard of a dive group called living water they use 120S and for 10.00 they will make it nitrox 36% Remeber I'm 50 want to go down stay down and come back unbent. 6000. plus dives no bends want to keep it that way. where is this club Blu located? In town or out does it have a pool or beach?
I have stayed at hotel sanMeigel (SP) sorry Plaza las Glorious, La Ceiba. Need some beach for the wife and good six pac boat for me.
Wrangler
There were days when * seconds were fun now the pain stays forever!
Go ride that Bull young Ma :11ztongue n!

Wrangler:
where is this club Blu located? In town or out does it have a pool or beach?

If you mean Caribe Blu, it is the hotel that was La Perla when you were there last 12 years ago. It's about halfway between La Ceiba and town. It has a dive shop now (Blue Angel, owned by the same folks) with a snack bar on the roof. It doesn't hace an actual beach, but there is easy access to the water, a dock, and a pool. It's a little rustic, but I love it; we have been staying there since 1981.

Cheers,

The shop is actually Living Undwater. Rumors floating around that they are were close to going OOB but might be holding on. Others may have more recent info. There are several operations who use steel 120's on the island. LU, Aldora, Deep Blue and there might be a 4th but can't think of it right now. I know LU and Aldora offer EANx but not sure of DB. They will all be fine outfits.

ggunn:
If you mean Caribe Blu, it is the hotel that was La Perla when you were there last 12 years ago. It's about halfway between La Ceiba and town. It has a dive shop now (Blue Angel, owned by the same folks) with a snack bar on the roof. It doesn't hace an actual beach, but there is easy access to the water, a dock, and a pool. It's a little rustic, but I love it; we have been staying there since 1981.

Cheers,
Thanks yes I have dove with them in the past
Thanks for the input

Hi, we have visited over the last 6 years, Have dove with Fernando owner of Mantaraya. Small boat, twin engines, 6 people maybe eight. We wouldn't dive with anyone else. We stayed at PLG at the time was nice, with a nice beach/pool area. There was some construction going on next door as of Nov 2003 don't know if its finished or not(you know island time) Still kind of noisy if your door is located next to the street. Good luck,
Wrangler:
Ok New to group old to diving be kind eh!
Looking to dive in October 2004 Need a place where the wife can turn brown while I become a huge wrinkle its easy when your 50 !
I heard of a dive group called living water they use 120S and for 10.00 they will make it nitrox 36% Remeber I'm 50 want to go down stay down and come back unbent. 6000. plus dives no bends want to keep it that way. where is this club Blu located? In town or out does it have a pool or beach?
I have stayed at hotel sanMeigel (SP) sorry Plaza las Glorious, La Ceiba. Need some beach for the wife and good six pac boat for me.
Wrangler
There were days when * seconds were fun now the pain stays forever!
Go ride that Bull young Ma :11ztongue n!

5615mike:
The shop is actually Living Undwater. Rumors floating around that they are were close to going OOB but might be holding on. Others may have more recent info. There are several operations who use steel 120's on the island. LU, Aldora, Deep Blue and there might be a 4th but can't think of it right now. I know LU and Aldora offer EANx but not sure of DB. They will all be fine outfits.

Liquid Blue (www.liquidbluedivers.com/indexx.html#) is the 4th that also uses the PST steel 120's.

Hey Wrangler,

When in Oct. will you be there? I'm also 50, been diving for nearly 30 years, but never
made it to Coz. I'll be at the Caribe Blu Oct 7 - 12. Maybe we can hook up for a shore
dive or something if you happen to decide on Caribe Blu and are there during that time.

-Doug

Back
Top Bottom