Cozumel Addiction !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We got back from Cozumel 2 weeks ago from 9 days, 8 nights, and 20 beautiful dives. All I've done since is try to figure out how to go back. And we're going back August 7th through the 15th. Is anyone going then? I've picked out another hotel to try, and now wish to try another dive operator. If any one is going around that same time, I'd like to hear who you're diving with. I've really done a ton of research on hotels and dive operators and I guess it really matters what you want as far as location, price, amenities, and all or non inclusive. With dive operators, there's even more to think about. This board, the internet, and talking to other divers has really helped. I mean there are 6 and 8 pack boats, mid size 12-16 seaters, 40 foot cattle boats, slow ones, fast ones, cheap ones, expensive ones, those with free shore diving, those that take your gear all week, and the list goes on. I looked at 20 different hotels and about the same in dive operators. Heck, the easiest part was the airfare. So, this is the addiction everyone's talked about! Does it ever weaken? New countdown, 12 days since I got back, 78 days till we go back, that's way too long!

Hey Divematt:

Tell me about it! My wife and I are addicted too. We just came came form a trip to Coz in April (Occidental Grand; Blue XT Sea) and we are going back in July.

You are right about all the dive options available. The only option I have not heard about is an operator who will let you water ski from the back of his fast six pack while you are going between dive sites or an operator who will let you sky dive from his plane while wearing Scuba gear so you can make your entry from the air! But that could be because I did not ask for a price on those options, HAHA!

Our air conditioner man came out this morning to service our unit. He told me it is on its last legs and that we needed a new one. He gave me the price. I called my wife and gave her the news. I told her I was going to tell the guy to go ahead and install a new unit. She said to me, "Are you crazy? That's the price of a couple trips to Coz. Tell him to just load it up with more freon!" So, Divematt, there you have it. If our unit goes out on us in the heat of the summer we will be spending our after work hours walking around the MALL to keep cool! What can I say? Are we addicted or what? I got to get a handle on this. I am thinking of spending XMAS on COZ!

I just keep thinking, I need more money, I need more vacation time, I need more money, I need more vacation time. Boy if I was rich, I know where I'd retire!

divematt:
We got back from Cozumel 2 weeks ago from 9 days, 8 nights, and 20 beautiful dives. All I've done since is try to figure out how to go back. And we're going back August 7th through the 15th. Is anyone going then? I've picked out another hotel to try, and now wish to try another dive operator. If any one is going around that same time, I'd like to hear who you're diving with. I've really done a ton of research on hotels and dive operators and I guess it really matters what you want as far as location, price, amenities, and all or non inclusive. With dive operators, there's even more to think about. This board, the internet, and talking to other divers has really helped. I mean there are 6 and 8 pack boats, mid size 12-16 seaters, 40 foot cattle boats, slow ones, fast ones, cheap ones, expensive ones, those with free shore diving, those that take your gear all week, and the list goes on. I looked at 20 different hotels and about the same in dive operators. Heck, the easiest part was the airfare. So, this is the addiction everyone's talked about! Does it ever weaken? New countdown, 12 days since I got back, 78 days till we go back, that's way too long!
We're doing our first trip at the end of August for 14 nights - can you tell me where you stayed and who you dived with this time...and what you thought. I haven't settled on a hotel or dive company yet...too many choices!

divematt:
I just keep thinking, I need more money, I need more vacation time, I need more money, I need more vacation time. Boy if I was rich, I know where I'd retire!
Copy that!
I was there in January and met a couple on a dive boat who had just retired there from Oregon. Dig this: they had both just completed their OW: newbies!

Love Coz. Four years in a row. Married there. Would move there in an instant if we could. Sorry...you are a cozumelholic.

Myname is Franklin and I am a Cozaholic. This is my 6th year going. It is the best fun I have ever had. Fun times, great people and great diving. What else could you askfor?

Also a Cozaholic, Cozumelholic... whatever... Leaving in 7 days... staying 14 days... going back in July... when the kid is out of university, would DEFINITELY give up the ol' 9-5 and move there....

Would even scrape barnacles off of cruise ships if that's what it took...

Take it from someone who did the move.....Working in Paradise, and vacationing in Paradise....Couldnt be more far apart...But the view is nice....

I think I'll stick to working hard so I can go where I want when vacation time comes. Living there for an extended period of time would probably take the magic out of it, especially if I had to work.

Now, if I could afford to retire comfortably, that would be a completely different story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom