Cozumel 2014 Honeymoon Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaND

Contributor
Reaction score
We decided to go to Cozumel at the beginning of March for our Honeymoon. This was my first time diving in the caribbean and WOW does it beat the heck out of the cold water diving I'm used to. I used my GoPro setup for my first time filming under the water and overall think it turned out pretty good. Was able to capture a lot of wildlife along with my wives first time diving EVER. She loved it and we are hoping to get her certified here in the near future. While we were down there we dove with Dive With Martin and they were awesome. They were great with my wife and very patient. I highly recommend them if you are making a trip to Cozumel and I personally will not dive with anyone else after diving with them in Cozumel.

The reefs I dove were:

- Columbia Shallows
- Palancar Gardens
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Paso del Cedral

Attached is my video. Like I mentioned before it isn't perfect but was pretty pleased for my first time videoing. I hope you guys enjoy and don't forget to change the settings to 1080p.

Cozumel 2014 - YouTube

The camera setup I used can be seen here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/go...o-hero-3-black-i-torch-video-pro-6-light.html

​

While we were down there we dove with Dive With Martin and they were awesome. They were great with my wife and very patient. I highly recommend them if you are making a trip to Cozumel and I personally will not dive with anyone else after diving with them in Cozumel.​

Happy that you and your wife had such a great time. Out of curiosity, why would you say you will not dive with anyone else? What was it that put you off every other shop on the island?

My settings I used with my gopro were 1080 60 fps and medium fov.

Regarding the question why I liked diving with Dive With Martin and will dive with them in the future has got nothing to do with the other dive shops. I am sure there are many great dive shops along with great dive masters at all the dive shops in Coz. I just personally enjoyed how Dive With Martin kept the groups small where as others I saw some of the groups got large and also how fast Dive With Martin boats are. We were passing everyone :). Like I mentioned before it is nothing bad about any other dive shop, this is just my personal opinion and experience I had and thoroughly enjoyed Dive With Martin. Hope I didn't upset anyone on this.

And yes we had a great honeymoon. Cozumel is now my new favorite destination.

Back
Top Bottom